Saturday, 1 October 2011

Happy WCMD!!



If you're passionate about card making, then you surely know what special day is celebrated today - World Card Making Day! I must admit that amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday things, I almost forgot it's today.
Luckily enough, I'm having a "day off" (which means that daddy took the wee one out so that I can have a crafty break! Yes, I do have an awesome hubby :))

I'm celebrating today with a whole lot of posts, this one being the first. In a couple of hours a new Waltzingmouse sketch is coming, as well as The Craft's Meow blog hop, and later on a brand new monthly SFYTT, AND Sketchbook Saturday! Woo-hoo!
I'm going to burn the keyboard by typing all of today's posts... ^^
Let's get on with it, crafty folk!!

I decided to do two things today, in more of a personal approach to this occasion. I thought about the two sides of my passion - how I like to pull out my favourite supplies and put them together just the way I like it, but also how I like to challenge myself every now and then.
I did both.
Firstly, the 'challenge' part. You know that I'm not big on techniques.
There is one that I like a lot, a cracked glass technique, that I decided to revisit. I might have used it once or twice in the past, and it always left me impressed with the results.
I also challenged myself to use it on a clean & simple card - do you agree that the antiqued look comes much harder on CAS?
Here's what I did...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen), white; stamps: Flourishes (Moments In Time), Glitz Design (Distressing); ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone), Memento (Tuxedo Black); VersaMark; UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder); Nestabilities Circles

I used a background stamp from Glitz Design, to create the speckles on card, and after embossing the clock with a couple of layers of UTEE, I cracked it in a few places and sponged with Distress Ink to fill in the crevices.

I'm playing with CFC#22 - Feeling Loopy, and the sketch comes from DS21 (turned on the side and modified slightly)



For the 'go wild with your supplies' part, I pulled out the remaining SOG image from the batch that I downloaded the other day, and played with my sweet layers :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (River Rock), cream, white, DCWV (grey), turquoise; paper: Cosmo Cricket Material Girl); stamp: Some Odd Girl (digi); ink: Versa Color (Sky Gray); Copics; Nestabilities Labels 10; Die-Namics Notebook Edge die; butterflies: Collections; alpha stickers: Fynmark; baker's twine; button: Basic Grey

This card is a loose CASE of Margie Cortina's card, that you can find here in the TPE118 challenge post.
I'll see you around, let's get inky!!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Happy WCMD!! Your cars are beautiful, Chupa! That cracked glass looks stunning and your SOG coloring has so many gorgeous dimensions!! Love all the embellishments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! My you are a busy girl!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WCMD to you too! and WOW! Your card is SO amazing! I instantly saw the layout :) and your coloring is impeccable!
    Thank you for case-ing my card and playing along with The Pink Elephant :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the clock on your fist card. Everything about this card is stunning. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, I love that image and DP papers! Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW, Chupa! Your mojo was in FULL-FORCE this WCMD! LOVE the first card...LOVE that crackle technique and how you sponged it afterwards...it truly looks old and what an AMAZING card for a man's birthday...SO classy!
    The second card is jst as WONDERFUL! LOVE the vivid colours and that gorgeous LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards!! Love them both!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your clock card Chupa! Beautiful CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this wonderful timepiece you've created Chupa...marvelous job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous. Love the looped twill tape and the sentiment is awesome. Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win at CAS-ual Fridays! Your 'cracked' clock looks amazing (I agree it is harder to create CAS vintage). I also adore your little wild girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012