Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Inky "day off"

Hello, friends! This is my first post for today, there's going to be one more coming in a couple of hours, about which I'm especially excited! Make sure you'll check it out too :)
I'm having a day off, as I call it when Chuplet is out with the grandparents. I missed it for a couple of weeks, when the school hols were in, so I've been enjoying the peace of an empty house and some time for myself even more :D

I celebrated the arrival of some new stamping goodies with a couple of cards, got a little wild as you will :) Let me show you what I've got!

Firstly a Holiday card, with the "baby", an adorable "Christmas Reindeer" set from HA. I haven't entered any of their contests yet, so I thought I'd give it a go with this little number.

LinkPhotobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (brown), SU! (Old Olive), recycled kraft, American Crafts (black), white; stamps: Hero Arts (Christmas Reindeer); ink: PTI (Fresh Snow), Memento (Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves), Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Copics; MFT Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass; sewing machine

This is also my take on the FTL161 sketch - um, quite heavily altered :)



And one more Christmas card, this time with Flourishes Poinsettia & Boxwood stamps, distressed polka dots from Glitz Design and a gorgeous sentiment from Penny Black.
I stamped the dots in VersaMark, and embossed with XTEE (extra thick) embossing powder, for an added texture.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (red), recycled kraft, American Crafts (deep brown), white; stamps: Flourishes (Poinsettia & Boxwood), Penny Black (Winter Wonders), Glitz Design (Distressing); ink: VersaMark, Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Copics; paper piercer; Sprinkles: AnnaBelle Stamps; stitched grosgrain ribbon; XTEE white embossing powder; raffia string

The colours come from CR84FN40 (added a little green...)
The layout was inspired by Julie Koerber's card here. Julie is this week's Featured Stamper on SCS (FS244)



Lastly, I was so happy to ink up this adorable Gorjuss Girl... I also used some more of the grass die-cut from MFT, another new "baby" of mine. Woo hoo!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (brown), SU! (Old Olive), PTI (Aqua Mist), white; paper: My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist, Six by Six Honey Cake); stamps: Gorjuss (Dropped), Hero Arts; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; MFT Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass; PTI cloud die; sewing machine; glitter glue

The sketch this time, comes from Cardabilities challenge #40. As you can see, I treated this one with a big dose of freedom as well :)
The colours are taken from OCC's Fall Color Challenge.



So that's it! For now :) I hope you enjoyed... and I hope to see you again soon! Thanks for all your lovely comments, they're making my days! xxx
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Ok, these cards are ALL gorgeous...as usual, from you! But, I ESPECIALLY love that poinsettia card! I just adore the LO, colours, poinsettia images, and that AWESOME sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, all are just amazing! I have been eyeing that grass die myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely amazing! Love the one with the HA reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really happy you've made a card and entered the HA contests, I've been meaning to encourage you to do so as I know you have a lot of HA stamps and so much talent! Love all your cards today. Sadly I have that grass die too since spring and have yet to use it, so sad I had to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous selection of cards. I do like the Christmas deer in his spotty sweater!

    Love the poinsettia - so very festive. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card , I love the poinsettia card ,the deer is also so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, I especially like the poinsettia one which is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chupa, your cards are all gorgeous! I especially love the last card and the way you featured the challenge colors so beautifully. Love that gingham background and the extra details on the clouds, too. Fabulous, as always! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these cards are gorgeous and my fav is the reindeer one :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful collection of cards Chupa! That Poinsettia is stunning! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Love the stitching on the last one and how you used the fall colors of the challenge in such a unique way. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chupa, girl, these cards are gorgeous!!! WOW-ZAS!!! I love your poinsettia card!!! Just STUNNING!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my .... oh wow ... I love each and every one of your cards ...you have used our colour challenge colours so beautifully in your final card, love the use of all your mixed designer papers, so creative ... and so perfectly put together!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful trio of cards Chupa! The deer is too cute and the poinsettia...LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make the most amazing cards! That reindeer is the cutest thing, and you've outdone yourself coloring that poinsettia...beautiful! So glad you joined us at CR84FN this week! ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. To steal words from one of my son's favorite kid shows, "super dooper ooper schmooper" cute. I LOVE this sweet little card with a sweet little girl. All the elements come together so wonderfully. Thank you, Chupa for sharing your talent with us this week on Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the reindeer! Such a fun and happy greeting! The poinsettia is gorgeous-looks so much like you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012