Saturday, 1 October 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #31

Well hello yet again!
I apologize for spamming your feed today... I hope you'll forgive me 'cause I'm really having lots of fun! I have to be honest with you - I didn't plan on such a productive day, blog-wise. It happened that the three events were scheduled for today, and I also had some WCMD cards to share. Frankly, I can easily think of two more posts that I should still write today, but I doubt I'll be able to muster up any more energy to deal with it... there's always tomorrow!

For now, let me show you sketch that I cooked up for you... it's SQUARE! You likey?
It was inspired by this card by Ashley. I especially loved the felt border and thought that perhaps I could make something similar.
So what comes out is that not only I've got no felt border on my card, I've got no border at all! I forgot all about it. Ooops!
(feel free not to repeat my mistake... pffft!)



Here's my border-less sample...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (grey), cream; paper: My Mind's Eye (Six by Six - Blink of an Eye); stamps: Penny Black (Sundial, Happiness), PTI (Mat Stack 1 - with die); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; Nestabilities Circles; Copics; pearls: Kaisercraft; sewing machine

I'm entering this card into a new OCC challenge, which is to be inspired by a country other than your own.
Funny thing about my inspiration... I haven't actually made this card, knowing about this challenge yet. However, as I picked up that sunflower stamp, I thought immediately about Italy. Don't ask me why... never been to, don't know how common a sight sunflowers are there, but I consciously chose these sun-filled papers to accompany the stamp and finish the picture that I had in my head. Strange are the ideas behind some of my cards... lol

---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC31.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. loving your style!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card - that flower is fabulous! I haven't been to Italy either, but I think you did a great job representing it. Beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC, and the linky is there now if you want to try again - sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous flower Chupa! wonderful coloring and pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sketch but much more your card - gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card took my breath away!!!!! I LOVE the coloring you did on the sunflower: so beautiful!!! And I've never been to Italy either, but if that is what you had to think of to get to this gorgeous card, you go girl !! :-P
    (And I'll bet there is a field of sunflowers there SOMEWHERE :-D thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love looooooove this sketch!! Your card is awesome, I adore the way you have added the flower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is soo gorgeous ... that sunflower is divine and you have coloured it to perfection, not to mention the layering and dimension.
    Awesome work ... thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!
    Fabulous sketch by the way ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK! Your card is AWESOME! Beautiful flower, love how some of the petals are tucked away like that. GREAT sketch, had to play! Thanks for the inspiration you bring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sketch and love your card, Chupa. I'm a bit late, but here is a card I made using the sketch.
    http://judymay.typepad.com/just_judy_designs/2011/10/-sketchbook-saturday-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012