Saturday, 8 October 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #32

Are you ready for another sketch, my inky friends?
This one has been strongly inspired by this card by my stamping "crush", Amy.
(so is my sample - I loved how she did the ribbon so I copied that look, but of course you're welcome to interpret the sketch however you like!



The stamp set that I used here is called With Gratitude and comes from Flourishes. It's a beautiful, exclusive set that you can only lay your hands on if you're a FLIP member :)
You can read all about the FLIP membership here.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, cream; paper: My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee; stamps: Flourishes (With Gratitude); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); Copics; Nestabilities Labels 10; MFT Dizzy Doily Die; edge distresser; metal brads; string

My colours were inspired by CTD162, and I'm also playing with FLLCOCT11 - Heavy Metal.



---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC32.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


12 comments:

  1. Beautifully layered Chupa, and such gorgeous use of color and pattern! Awesome use of the metal touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa - your coloring of that Lilly is beyond stunning! Just a beautiful pop of color and a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa, you have me breathless!! I am always drawn to your cards and this is absolutely a stunner! Gorgeous, Gorgeous!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Chupa. I am way too lazy to take the time to cut around those flowers. You rock at that girl! I always love seeing how you work those Flourishes stamps. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sketches - thanks for taking the time to create and post them.

    Your card is beautiful. I love how effortlessly you use pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Chupa! Again...just LOVE your colour combo...I think you have a knack for combining colours and especially for coming up with AMAZING and unexpected combos! This LO is FAB as well...hope I have the time to try my hand at this one, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Chupa. Thank you for the sketch, it got my mojo back into gear today.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so amazing, Chupa! The coloring on the flowers is fantastic, and the little cluster you put together over the doily die-cut is phenomenal!
    Stamping crush? LOLOL!! Right back at ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! Love your sketch and your card is beautiful!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used your sketch again - loved it that much ;)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, I really like the distressing around the edges. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Heavy Metal Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chupa, I used this amazing sketch on a card and wanted to share...here is the link:
    http://paperbagprincesspapercrafting.blogspot.com/2011/10/dysu-43-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012