Saturday, 15 October 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 69

This week's sketch at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is quite tricky (or should I say, trick-or-treaty? lol!), but I hope you won't get discouraged.... it can be so much fun!

I'm not much of a Halloween person, we don't celebrate it here. I'm all for Christmas though, and so I was trying to find a way to work this sketch into a Holiday card. I had one of these light-bulb moments, when I realized that the pointy upper part of the hat, could work as a Christmas tree!
An hour later, here's what I cooked up around the idea...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Aqua Mist), Core'Dinations (embossed brown), white; stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (Sewing Box Christmas, Say It Loud Winter Holiday); ink: Memento (Bamboo Leaves), Versa Color (Celadon), Versa Magic (Turquoise Gem); felt; sewing machine; lace trim; button; chipboard snowflakes: Maya Road; loose glitter

I drew a triangle on felt and cut it out, sew a pattern on it, and embellished with chipboard snowflakes, covered in glitter. I had a lot of fun making it - and needless to say, I start to find felt very addicting :)
I know what you'd now say... I'm late for the party, huh?? You're probably right :) BUT, it's always better late than never. Ha!

Head on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog, to check out the rest of the fabulous creations, designed by the Mischief Makers! We would love to see your interpretation of the sketch, so we hope you'll find the time to play along.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the felt Christmas tree and stitched detail! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Chupa...great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012