Thursday, 17 November 2011

CASE Study Challenge #66

Hi and happy Thursday, inky peeps!
I'm sad to say, that we're saying goodbye this week to Julie Smith, at CASE Study... Julie is my dear blogging buddy and I will miss the weekly inspiration from her!
The good news is, though, that her shoes are filled in with an absolutely amazing artist, that you're sure to welcome with joy, to our little Team... Julie Lacey!!
Julie has been our Muse and she's also been a fan of our challenges, so it was only fitting to invite her in! :)

Our inspiration this month, comes from the talented Kryssi Ng, and I chose this card this time around... oh my golly, isn't it incredible??


I picked this one partly to challenge myself in inking yet again :)
I love this rich, perfect gradient, but I decided on less saturated colours, so that if I make a mistake, it wouldn't be so visible... fortunately no mistakes were done!

I inked up some of my new "babies" for this card, that I won in the previous month's Hero Arts contest. I couldn't wait to do so!!
I sponged the paper first, overstamped with the woodgrain, and then created the "meadow" - I had to stamp the flowers twice. Lastly, I coloured the centers with the yellow Copic marker (Y15).

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (grey, red), American Crafts (black), white; stamps: Hero Arts (Cuckoo, Wild Flowers, Designer Woodgrain); ink: Memento (London Fog), VersaFine (Onyx Black), Versa Color (Narcissus), Fabrico (Lemon Yellow); buttons; string; banner die: MFT Die-Namics; yellow Copic; staple

I combined Card Patterns sketch 141, with CTD168...



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they whipped up with this week's inspiration!

Kryssi Ng (November Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Wow..those colors look wonderful here! I love the woodgrain behind the flowers. It's really beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Chupa! Love that gorgeous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card really came together beautifully Iwona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gradient colors in your BG! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers and the little banner with buttons on it. Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Such an AMAZING card! So much to love!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the gradient background on the woodgrain panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another awesome combination of challenges to create this beautiful card! the woodgrain gives an amazing effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo pretty...love the silhouettes and the awesome banner!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so fabulous!!! :) LOVE the sponging/inking job--this is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012