Thursday, 24 November 2011

CASE Study Challenge #67

This week at CASE Study, is sadly the last week with the amazing Kryssi Ng... I had such a good time, honestly. Who wouldn't have?? Kryssi has this rare talent, that makes any stamp in her hands turn into pure magic. Delight.
I admire her skills of putting together a perfect composition, with every element on her card being just where it should be... like on this week's inspiration below, that is in my top five most favourite cards of her. Evah.



Okay, so I DO love this flower stamp. A LOT. I should really get it :)
BUT, it's that exquisite play of elements, of blank and stamped spaces, that makes the card so well balanced and pleasing to the eye. Then, there's the colours. You know how much I LOVE teal...

With that being said, I knew that I'm going to shamelessly CASE this design as it is. Same layout, just different stamps and a bit tweaked idea... I would have changed nothing at all, but I wanted to throw in a little bit from myself as well :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: brown, white; stamps: AnnaBelle Stamps (Backgrounds By Design 4), WPlus9 (Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Love Birds), Waltzingmouse Stamps (Big Day Additions); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Lady Bug), Versa Magic (Turquoise Gem); pearls: Flourish with a Bling; Spica pen

As you can see, I finally dove in and got some fabulous WPlus9 stamps. I'm so happy! My wish list is much, much longer, but I'm sure I'll get there one day, one step at a time... :)
I paired the birdie and leaves, with the sentiment from Waltzingmouse, and the starry background from AnnaBelle. I covered the leaves with Spica pen, but the brute is damn hard to photograph. They shimmer most beautifully in real life!

I used the colours below, from CTD169. This must be one of my favourite combos from them.



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they whipped up with this week's inspiration!

Kryssi Ng (November Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
Big inky hugs,
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful combination of blues with a fab pop of red - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard not to resist the temptation to just CASE Kryssi directly this week, girlie! I think that jut goes to show that you picked a corker of a card for us all :D
    I LOVE your take on it! Those colours, the fabulous stars and that birdie is awesome!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you captured all the elements of the inspiration card and really rocked the Color Throwdown colors! I, too, really love this design! So glad you were able to play along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous clean and simple design! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA - this is absolutely stunning!! WOW. Thank you so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012