Wednesday, 23 November 2011

A night session

To view the TSG Holly Jolly blog hop post, please scroll down or click HERE. Thanks!

Here I am, with one more post for today, that I (of course!) didn't want to leave for tomorrow...
There will be three posts tomorrow anyway (last day of TSG sneaks, CASE Study and Glitz Design), so I better even them out a bit :)

I dared to have a 'leisurely' stamping session tonight, which I call working on non-assignment projects, and which also doesn't happen all too often any more.
Here's one classic Chupa-style, and one CAS card...
I tackled the magnificent new stamp set from The Craft's Meow on the first one, called Season's Greetings.
I cut the leaves from felt by hand, and added three big rhinestones, for the berries.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, white, brown; paper: My Mind's Eye (Kraft Funday); stamps: The Craft's Meow (Season's Greetings); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versa Magic (Oasis Green), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); lace trim: May Arts; rhinestones: Scrapbooking Bitz/Glitz Design; green felt; sewing machine; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Herringbone)

I used the SSS135 sketch (as you can see, I stretched the central panel, and changed the placement of the sentiment), along with the colours of CR84FN43:



Now for the CAS card... with a hoarded piece of my favourite ever cardstock - PTI Rustic White. I've got three sheets left, of both Rustic White and Cream, and it gets harder now to part with even the tiniest piece of those... :)
I know this may seem ridiculous to my American friends, but unfortunately what you can get free postage for in US (provided that you spend enough, which is not a problem, when shopping at Papertrey Ink! lol), I would have to pay postage price so high, that it efficiently scares me off. To the point that I'm not shopping with them at all, and at the rare times that we do a shared order with some friends, it's still quite a big sum for all of us!
There... I said it :) Now that I allowed myself to cry on your shoulder a bit (you're too sweet for letting me do so), let's see the card... finally ;)

Photobucket

Supplies: Cardstock: Canson (light grey, red), PTI (Rustic White); stamps: Hero Arts (Circle Doily), PTI (Love Lives Here); ink: Versa Magic (Sahara Sand), Memento (Rich Cocoa); felt flower: Maya Road; buttons

This time my inspiration are the fabby FTL167 sketch, along with the (also amazing) inspiration from Tuesday Trigger: Red & Rustic.



Thank you for coming to look these up, dear friends... See you tomorrow! Good night to me, and a good day to you! xoxo
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both cards are beautiful, but I am in love with the first card. The felt leaves and those rich colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get your gripe about postage. I live in Canada [supposedly right next door the USA] and yet my postage is ridiculously high as well. Rarely do they include us in the free shipping deals and it takes forever to get to me. Sigh! I hear you Chupa! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and I so get your point about postage to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Chupa! Love the pretty and rich colors. The embellishments are so lovely and that tag frame is just lovely on the first one. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Love the herringbone embossed background on your CR84FN card! Thanks for joining along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Chupa! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your cards are just stunning. I love the richness of your Christmas design, the lace, layers and the embossed backing. Lovely!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Especially the herringbone and the polka dots! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012