Tuesday, 8 November 2011

With a reflection

G'day, inky friends. I took a break from blogging yesterday, I was heartbroken after I heard that our dear Katie passed away. Much has been shared in the blogland since that terrible illness struck her, and I'm sure you all know her story. RIP Katie, you were loved...

Life goes on, though, and I resumed it with double the strength and belief in good. The worldwide response to Katie's tragedy showed me, what beautiful people we all are.
I wanted to sit down and create, and this beautiful verse by Verve seemed appropriate to put to use.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft; paper: Crate Paper; stamps: Verve (New Mercies); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Pear Tart), Versa Color (Narcissus); edge distresser; lace: October Afternoon; buttons; flower: Wild Orchid Crafts; cord

Here's the VLVNov2011 Week 1 sketch, that I used:



Also, I'm not working today, so I treated myself to a little inky session this morning. I created to quick, CAS cards below.
One for the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, as well as CFC27 - Over The Edge.


Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen), Canson (turquoise, white); stamps: PTI (Delightful Doilies), Magenta (flower), Waltzingmouse Stamps (Vintage Labels 10, Holiday Labels 14, Say It Loud, Roses In Bloom); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Rose Red, Bahama Blue); Nestabilities Labels 10; pearl: Kaisercraft

...and one for the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, along with the Hero Arts color challenge, in their November Contest.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Old Olive), white; stamps: Hero Arts (Vintage, Cuckoo); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Rose Red); American Crafts Thickers; button

Make every moment and occasion to smile! Hugs,
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Three GORGEOUS cards! I especially ADORE the first one as it's a true STUNNER and classic CHUPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Each card is so unique! LOVE the shape of the first one and that really great sentiment, the second one is so neat with those great stamps and loving the camera on the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ostatnia kartka jest super! Kocham ten aparat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creations! I love the extended sentiment for the 2nd card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that CAS card for your grandmother! Great colors and fun shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Sadness for Katie and her family for sure, but I too was overwhelmed at the outpouring of love for her and her family during her illness. I'm sure they will be forever grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at Cas-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love the bright color combos :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    I just wanted to top by and let you know I always take a peek at your blog several times a day. Wondering what will Chupa post next!
    Your cards are truly beautiful I just always love the vibrant colors you use and all the elements that you add.
    Thanks for being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous cards. Congrats on your win at MFW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012