Sunday, 11 December 2011

CAS-ify me: Christmas cards

I sooo wish I didn't have to finish with Holiday cards soon... just like last year, I already have more than enough to send to my family and friends, but those gorgeous designs just keep popping in my hands! I can't seem to stop...
This morning I had a fun time, designing some simple cards that will be great for mailing - flat and light. I sure do like piling up stuff, but they're a nightmare to send... :)
Here we go!

For the first card below, I knew I wanted to use the negative die cutting for he ornaments. I used the designs from The Craft's Meow's Vintage Ornaments, and the sentiment from Vintage Snowflakes. LOVE these sets :)
I wanted to add some simple silhouette holly leaves, at the end of the "cords", but I didn't have anything suitable. Gasp! You would think that in a reasonable stash of stamps, one would be able to dig out some "hollies"... I ended up using these fun little sprigs from TSG's new Holly Jolly set, and coloured the berries with a red Copic.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (pink, white), stamps: The Craft's Meow (Vintage Snowflakes, Vintage Ornaments), There She Goes (Holly Jolly); ink: Versa Magic (Turquoise Gem), Memento (Bamboo Leaves), Fresh Ink (Provincial Gray); Nestabilities Circles; red Copic marker

My inspiration comes from this fabulous Tuesday Trigger: Deck The Halls



Another card, this time inspired by the Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World (inspiration below the card). I took the colours from the photo, and because I don't have the suitable houndstooth stamp, I once again reached for my beloved Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse Stamps... can you tell I'm positively CRAZY about it??
The branch is from another favvie of mine, Festive Foliage, and the sentiment comes from Say It Loud - Winter Holiday.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, PTI (Spring Moss), Canson (grey); stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (Nordic Winter, Festive Foliage, Say It Loud - Winter Holiday); ink: Fresh Ink (Pear, Provincial Gray), ColorBox (Hunter Green), Versafine (Onyx Black); black pen; corner rounder: EK Success

Here's the Moxie Fab inspiration :)



I'll pop in later today, with my La La Land card, and hopefully once more, with a new TSG challenge... until then, thanks for looking! xo
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yum! These are both wonderful! Perfect use of those two different inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HEAR you on having enough cards but not stopping... I am just loving all the stamps I picked up this year and want to keep using them!! I will keep on - I make cards all year to save the stress this time of year.

    I LOVE your idea for this card, and the TCM stamps you used make it perfectly you, even without all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards but, I must admit, I especially like the second one since I am IN LOVE WITH the Nordic Winter and Festive Foliage sets from Waltzing Mouse!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards. Thanks for sharing how you were inspired to make these cards. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chupa! Thanks also for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Moxie Fab win! I love both of your cards but especially the second one. I love the pattern stamps and the many layers. Beautifuly done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation your Get Inspired win. Gorgeous card, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012