Thursday, 1 December 2011

CASE Study Challenge #68

It's always a bittersweet time, when we're parting with the current Muse at CASE Study, and this time is no different - Kryssi was simply delightful to have with us!!
At the same time, I can never wait to spill the beans, about the next super talented lady, who's joining us for another month...
As December is a time to celebrate, it's a very special month at CASE Study as well. I invited an artist, whose work I admired from the beginning. My personal Muse, as you would - Amy Sheffer :)



The first inspiration card of hers (pictured above), is also one of my biggest favourites. Which basically means a special kind of love for it, because there's honestly not a single project on Amy's blog, that wouldn't leave me stunned.
It has the most beautiful layout (which, for the sake of adding a little bit from myself to my inspired card, I changed...), and these colours are simply breathtaking together. Then, there's the abundance of texture and dimension, something that drives me most towards Amy's work... :)
I humbly tried to channel her style, with an addition of similar colours and elements :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (burgundy), white, various scraps; papers: My Mind's Eye (Fine & Dandy), plus scraps; stamps: Flourishes (Gerber Daisies); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versa Color (Sage, Olive); Spellbinders Labels 20/Foliage/Rose Creations/Floral Doily Motifs; Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink); brad: Basic Grey; seam binding; tag: SEI; sewing machine; border punch: Martha Stewart

I used the layout from Inkspirations Challenge #97 (below, turned on the side), along with FTTC146, where we're asked to add flower, ribbon and a tag.



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they whipped up with this week's inspiration!
We've got a new wonderful Teamie, joining us from today onwards - Maureen Plut!!! I'd be delighted if you stopped by her blog, and left her some cyber love :)

Amy Sheffer (December Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
Thanks so much for visiting my li'l bloggie today,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous case, use of the sketch and card :) Well done picking Moe for your team too! Go Canada Go LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love those colours and love all your layering! So beautiful!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh..... Adore the ribbon /leaves/flower combo!!! Perfect card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chupa! I am so honored by your kind words and your beautiful case! The layering, the combination of patterns and color -- it's what draws me to your work time and time again! Thank you! My heart is so full right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012