Thursday, 15 December 2011

CASE Study Challenge #70

This week's CASE Study challenge is the last one before Christmas, and we're keeping it open for two weeks, so that (hopefully) everyone who wants to have a go, will have a chance to do so :)
Our December Muse is Amy Sheffer, and this time I picked this wonderfully detailed card from her, to serve as an inspiration:



It's gorgeous in so many ways, I don't even know where to start... I love the boldness of black, but as it often happens, I went in a different direction and created with pastels. I stamped the flowers on the background, instead of lacey flourishes, and put the sentiment in the circle.
I used the same embossing folder, on the cool blue strip of cardstock, just like Amy did. I LOVE that colour :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen, Rustic White), American Crafts (aqua); stamps: Hero Arts (Dogwood, Say Hello); ink: Versa Magic (Oasis Green), Fresh Ink (Provincial Grey); Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles/Fleur De Lis Accents; twill ribbon; sewing machine; butterfly die: PTI; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots)

I also combined the Card Patterns sketch 145 (can you see it??), with Tuesday Trigger: A Partridge on a Pear Tree, and OCC's All Ruffled Up challenge.



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they whipped up with this week's inspiration!

Amy Sheffer (December Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
As always, thank you so much for visiting, and leaving such sweet comments :)
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous and Congratulations on making it through round 1 of Spellbinders Design Team 2012, hope you make it and put Australia on the Spellbinders Map

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the ruffled ribbon and the. Soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the texture Chupa...awesome girl!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy's card is a stunner, but so is yours. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the texture you added, the ribbon, the punched edge, the beautiful image and butterfly.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chupa...I loooveee your Hello card, the colors, everything, soft and romantic!!!You have been an inspiration, not to create like you because I am not an artist, but to do something that I like very much!!!Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Great card lift!! Love Amy's too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Chupa! Love the soft, muted feel of this! The scrunched ribbon and fleur-de-lis borers are fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa, both cards are so pretty. Love the Hello card. It is soft and comes to together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful, as always, Chupa! LOVE that ruffled, ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chupa, I love everything you make. Thank you for gracing us at Card Patterns with your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chupa, I can see why you selected that particular card for inspiration. However, I just love the pillow for your color inspiration. Very beautiful. I love the soft subtle colors and tranquil feeling of your card. Another great creation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just beautiful...I love the soft colors and of course I love your ribbon! Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chupa, this is stunning! I love the soft colors and that fabulous ruffled ribbon. Thank you so much for joining us this week at OCC with your beautiful work. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Congrats on the Win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Congrats on your TT win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning! Congrats on your TT win!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Hello card is scrumptious! Great color and design. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012