Thursday, 15 December 2011

Glitz Design going festive

Hi peeps, it's time to get Glitzy!! And, considering that Christmas is fast approaching (YAY!!!), I'm doing it in a holiday fashion. You think it would be hard to put together a Holiday-themed card, with the non-holiday collection? Nope. Glitz has it all covered, with a multitude of fun papers, whatnots, and a couple of embellishments, you will have a wonderfully festive card whipped up in no time!
Lookie...

Firstly, let me brag a little bit, about my favourite ever collection from Glitz, Beautiful Dreamer. It's sweet and girly, but yet its colours are perfect for a non-traditional Christmas project. I admitted it many times on my blog, how much I love pink and teal and what a wonderful combo it is for the Holidays.
I utilized one of the papers on this card, that looks like candy cane, along with a Whatnot, trimmed to give a beautiful flourish frame for the focal point. I even found a matching sticker, so appropriate for the occasion!



Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" paper: Stripe
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Whatnot
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Trim
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Titles Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Giant Rhinestones

Other: cardstock: recycled kraft, teal; snowflake stamp: The Craft's Meow; ink: Memento (Bamboo Leaves); snowflake die: My Favorite Things Die-Namics; glitter glue; buttons; striped ribbon

For the next card, I reached for one of the older collections, that I adore for its beautiful and rich designs, especially the papers - Love Games. The card that I made with it, is a hip and funky approach to the silly season. Again, I utilized the supplies on hand, from the said collection as well as a little bit of "Hoopla", to create a collage card with the Holidays in mind.



Glitz Design "Love Games" papers: Damask, Polka, Stripe, Floral
Glitz Design "Love Games" Titles Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha: Navy, Pearl
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Whatnot

Other: cardstock: white; ornament stamp: Hero Arts; ink: Memento (Rhubarb Stalk); Dizzy Doily die: My Favorite Things Die-Namics; string; buttons; seam binding

So what do you say? Aren't these papers and trinkets versatile?? Yes siree! That's one of the things that I love these for :)
See you next time, for some New Year's cards! Hugs,
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh both cards are gorgeous, but the colors on that first card and absolutely fabulous. TFS

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of these are so unique and pretty, I can't decide which is my fave. I love 'em both!! Wonderful details on each card and great color palettes as well. :-)
    TFS,
    Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Chupa, these are BOTH absolutely AMAZING...so GORGEOUS!

    Happy Holiday Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa - How to choose?????? Both are gorgeous. I love all the glam and the baubles and glitz of the first one, but then the second one seems so much more clever - all the elements coordinate wonderfully and so much to look at! A feast for the eyes! Both are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl. Congrats on making the next round on the Spellbinders team! I wish you all the best. I am stepping down after this term, and can't wait to see the new team! Hope you make it all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are both so pretty Chupa. Love the pretty colors on the first one and the lace/ribbon/bling combo. The snowflake is lovely. Your second card is just perfect. The earth tones look great and every single element is just fabulous. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012