Saturday, 3 December 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #40

*This is my first post for today. I hope you'll join me for a new Waltzingmouse sketch, as well as the first day of previews for The Craft's Meow, at 3AM EST. I also have a fun GD post at 5AM, and a December SFYTT sample card at 8AM.*

This week's sketch is a slightly altered revisit of one of my very early sketches (#3). It's a beautiful, versatile and simple layout, that never grows out of fashion. I fancied it up a bit, by adding the scalloped strip at the bottom, I think it looks cool... I hope you'll have fun with this one!



I used one of my all-time favourite colour combos, on my sample card. Aqua and deep red. Mmmmm!
I love it on Christmas cards, but I think it's super cute for Valentine cards as well. Heck, it's good for everything.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Aqua Mist), Canson (red), recycled kraft, white; stamps: WPlus9 (Love Birds), Stampendous (Silhouette Sprig); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk), Versa Magic (Gingerbread, Turquoise Gem, Sea Breeze); border punch: Fiskars; sewing machine

I'm submitting this card into CFC30, with this fun bingo. I picked diagonally: scallops, kraft & aqua.



---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC40.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. Love everything about this card. The colours are fabulous together, the stitching is so neat and your images so cohesive. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chupa! I LOVE this precious creation using Love Birds! The color is absolutely fabulous! I hope you'll stop by and check out our new Valentine, Wplus9 release this month. We've got dies to go with this stamp set! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketch is fabulous and your card is GOrGeoUS!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute. Love the little scallop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card! I love all your beautiful cards, actually - I've been silently 'stalking' your blog for a few months. I'm entering your Sketchbook Saturday challenge for the first time. Thanks for the fun challenge. ;-) Cheers! -Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, great idea starting on those valentines early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chupa - your sketch is awesome and you inspire me every week :)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Iwona,
    thanks for the great sketch...I took it and made it not so CAS...
    Here is a link to my card:

    http://paperbagprincesspapercrafting.blogspot.com/2011/12/feminine-flair.html

    Hope you like it!
    Happy Holiday Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012