Saturday, 17 December 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #42

*Please check out my Waltzingmouse sketch post below as well. Thanks!*

Hello again! This time I have a new sketch and card, but before I get to it, big thanks to all that play with my sketches each week! It truly is a rewarding experience, to see your unique and beautiful takes on it, and I LOVE sharing the joy of creating with you :)

This week I have another CAS design with a potential for building up if you so desire. I decided to go simple and let the stamps take the center stage, but I wouldn't mind giving it another try later (if time allows), with some pretty papers and layers.



I've been rummaging in my stamps and setting aside those that I'd still like to ink up this Holiday season... this poinsettia from Penny Black was the first one I grabbed. I inked it up only once before and I really don't have enough of it yet.
I was hesitating whether I want it Copic coloured or white embossed on red cardstock, and laziness won (I'd have to take out the embossing accessories from the cupboard in the other corner of the room, while my Copics are within the reach... yeah, I'm that lazy tonight, lol)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Rustic White), recycled kraft; stamps: Penny Black (Christmas Pride, Winter Wonders); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; grosgrain ribbon; sewing machine
---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC42.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. another fabulous sketch! love that huge flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch Chupa, that poinsettia stamp is one I wanted but it was sold out! Glad copics won out, this is warm and rich looking.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a gorgeous bloom! This is stunning, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous poinsettia.. Glad you went for your Copics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chupa, this is Maria Helena...my card is for your to thank you for all the inspiration I have received from you since I found your blog. I wish you Happy Holidays and send you a hug from the Dominican Republic...pretty far from Australia...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers!!! This card certainly packs a punch with that beyond-gorgeous poinsettia!!!! Fabulous, girlie!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chupa,
    Thanks again for the AWESOME sketch! Here is my link for my card that I made using this sketch:
    http://paperbagprincesspapercrafting.blogspot.com/2011/12/dysu-52-rainbow-of-colours.html

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sketch! Here is a link to the cards I made with it. http://www.craftycreationsbybeth.com/2012/01/one-sketchthree-cards.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012