Sunday, 25 December 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #43

Happy Christmas, my dear friends! I hope you're having a fine time with the family, celebrating your time together.
I've been quite silent lately, and until the second week of January, I'll be popping in only scarcely, as we're away for a vacation. I'm working hard on my assignments for the time away so don't worry, I won't leave you for two weeks without posts :)

I took the time off for the Holidays, but I'm bringing you a new sketch today, that will run until Sunday the 8th. We won't be back until late night that day, but I'll make sure to do the round commenting on your beautiful entries, the day after or so. Here it is!



I needed an anniversary card for my parents-in-law, and thought that it would be a good moment to try my new numbers die from QuicKutz. Also, I've been hoarding this flower from Pixie Petals on Etsy for over a year now. I decided to use it for this special occasion, and let the rest of the card evolve around it.
(the brad in the center is from Stampin' Up!)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Lemon Tart), SU! (Baja Breeze), Canson (grey), white; paper: American Crafts; stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (Asian Gardens), Sweet n' Sassy (June Rose); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Cantaloupe); border punch: EK Success; Dizzy Doily die: MFT Die-Namics; Nestabilities Scalloped Circles; Liquid Pearls (Pewter); flower from Pixie Petals on Etsy; QuicKutz No.73 Number Set die; Taylored Expressions Leafy Branch die; lace trim; brad: SU!; Sprinkles: AnnaBelle Stamps
---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC43.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, another AWESOME sketch! I can't wait to use this one...I used last week's sketch but, can't share it until Thursday since it's for a DT assignment!

    Hope you and the fam had a WONDERFUL Christmas, Iwona!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention...a STUNNING card...great colour combo and you just pulled all of the elements together BEAUTIFULLY!

    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your sketch so much and enjoyed using it! Your cards are always an inspiration! I owe you an apology. When I uploaded my blog sample I clicked too fast before I was on my own card picture and recopied your sketch as the thumbnail. So Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vickie, you're not the only one having problems! Inlinkz wouldn't let me upload a pic from my blog, and loaded a sideways picture off my desktop... sigh. Here's a proper link to my blog post if anyone would like to see it!
    http://kdaycreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/sketchbook-saturday-challenge-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Iwona! Your card is gorgeous and the sketch was awesome too! I'm a bit late, but wanted to add my card anyways :) ....hugs ~S~
    http://www.silkeledlow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012