Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Some New Year's cards

Good evening, sweets!
I'm done with Christmas cards this year, most of them sent (thanks goodness), but I still lacked of a few New Year's cards for my Japanese friends. Now, these are tricky, provided that one wants to stay relatively true to tradition, as they would have an image of an animal that happens to be the emblem of the coming year.
I freaked out a bit, when I found out that 2012 is the Year of Dragon. I thought to myself, no way I would have a dragon stamp around. Then I remembered the "Puff-Heart Dragon" from Whiff Of Joy... what a relief! :)
I didn't ink up the puffy hearts though, for any of my cards, so that the smaller image would suit the layouts better.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, PTI (Ripe Avocado), white; paper: October Afternoon; stamps: Whiff Of Joy (Puff-Heart Dragon), The Craft's Meow (Happy New Year); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; Nestabilities Picot Edge Circles; Liquid Pearls (Platinum Pearl); glitter glue; buttons; felt: MFT; alpha stickers: American Crafts; cotton ribbon

The colours come from JUGS115, and the sketch from SSSC148:



Another one, in a similar colour scheme:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, PTI (Simply Chartreuse), Canson (deep red), DCWV (dark green), white, silver; paper: October Afternoon; stamps: Whiff Of Joy (Puff-Heart Dragon), The Craft's Meow (Happy New Year); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); black pen; Copics; Nestabilities Circles/Lacey Circles; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Textile); star die: MFT Die-Namics; button

This time I combined the Card Patterns sketch 146, with cQc#116:



I'll see you (hopefully) tomorrow! Mwah,
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Chupa. I LOVE him. His is such a doll. Both cards are amazing. :)
    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and wow, you are soooo organised! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun New Year's card, Chupa! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ and have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Chupa! AMAZING, as always! Love those sketches and how you used them--and absolutely beautiful use of color! LOVE them! :) I hope you have a very happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fantastic cards! Love them.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chupa, your coloring is amazing! And the dragon is absolute perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THUD! Amazing coloring!! (gosh I wish!) Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY there, lovely LADY! LOOK AT YOU!!!!! These ARE such delightful fun!!!!! I am LOVIN' your choices of challenge inspiration on many levels! GREAT, great use of JUST US GIRL'S colors AND Card Patterns sketch! YOU must know, by NOW... how much I adore your crafty show! Thanks for sharing your delightful talent with BOTH, Just Us Girls AND Card Patterns! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    I get your blog posts through my Google Reader, so I don't come and comment very often, but I just have to say you are AMAZING!!! I can't believe what gorgeous creations you turn out ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

    They are just fabulous and I enjoy seeing these magnificent pieces of art!!!!

    Thanks for inspiring me :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card, Chupa! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the Puff Heart Dragon and You have used him so beautifully! I love the coloring and the color-scheme! Just beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! Love the dragon and your colouring. Great take on the CP sketch. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012