Thursday, 12 January 2012

CASE Study Challenge #73

Oh CASE Study, how I missed you!! Two weeks in a row I didn't participate, and it was the first time I ever missed a challenge at all. I was super bummed, especially that the Muses, as well as their inspiration cards are always my absolute favourites! Heyyy, I'm choosing them myself after all, LOL
I'm happily back this week, finally being able to take a plunge into the delightful crafty world of Jen Rzasa, our January Muse. I find the card below so mesmerizing, with the luscious damask, peeking out of the negative die-cut butterflies.



I knew that I wanted to do some negative die cutting too, upon choosing the card above. I didn't have a suitable butterfly die, that would be big enough and solid, so instead I went for the window design and I'm very glad I did :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white; paper: Authentique (Gathering); stamps: Papertrey Ink (Love Lives Here - with die); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa); Spellbinders Nestabilities Squares/Circles; baker's twine

I die cut the PTI heart 'tag' first, and matted it with a wee bigger circle , cut with the Nesties, to help it stand out against the busy background. I really like this masculine Valentine card with a non-traditional twist.

I was inspired by the colours of the RCC35 challenge, and I'm also entering this card into the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, as well as the Valentine challenge in A Passion For Papertrey.



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they whipped up with this week's inspiration! Did you see that we've got a new Teamie?? Christina joined us last week, I'm so thrilled!

Jen Rzasa (January Muse)
Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey (on a break)
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
See you later, peeps!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at RCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card. I feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE this CAS card, Chupa! Great case! Loved the cards on the other posts too - your creativity and amazing talent never cease to amaze me. Oh to have but one of your genes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is always with this card, girlie! A gorgeous CAS creation!
    Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I love them both. Fab work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chupa, this is CAS spectacular!!!! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Carousel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your cads. Very elegant. I came visiting from the Moxie Fab World blog and you had a fantastic entry for that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012