Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Masculine Valentine (another SOG card)

Hi bloggies,
It's been a busy couple of days, as I've been creating a lot for the upcoming publications. Some of them I'll be trying my hand at for the first time and I can only hope that something gets picked... we'll live to see!
I was too tired last night to start on some card to share, but I knew I wanted to make one, with one of the SOGgies (Some Odd Girl digis) that I downloaded the other day. So in turn I only coloured the image, and quickly made a card for it this morning.

This handsome guy is called Kody With Flowers, and I think it's the first time I used a male image from them. He's super sweet :)
I used again the Soft Suede cardstock for my base, the colour that's quickly becoming my new black. I had only a limited amount of it in the past so I was hoarding it, but I got myself a fresh supply and now I can't put it away :) For the papers and embellies, I used two collections from MME, and I did a simple trick in order to be able to use the strip of kraft paper and retain the label. I cut the label along its border, up to about a half of the panel, and slid another strip of paper underneath, flipping the label above it.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Soft Suede), white; papers: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found 2 - Sunshine); stamps: Some Odd Girl (Kody With Flowers - digi), The Craft's Meow (All You Need Is Love - sentiment only); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Balck); Copics; felt banner/stars cardstock strip/chipboard button: My Mind's Eye (Kraft Funday); corner rounder: EK Success

I used this lovely sketch from PPA127, along with RCC37, which is to use non-traditional colours.



I'm hoping to whip up something for the upcoming PTI Blog Hop, and if I make it, then that's what my next post for you will be. Until then, thanks for looking!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. love this warm colors, and your coloring is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! i would love to see a vid of you coloring an image...phenomenal coloring everytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet guy carrying flowers! The colors are so warm - and I love the newsprint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, all the little details are just perfect. You make me want to colour in, maybe one day i won't be so lazy :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012