Sunday, 15 January 2012

More paper piecing

I must be having a paper piecing kind of day... it's one of the coolest techniques out there and I'm always happy when the mood for it strikes me. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd try it on most of my cards...
Today, I felt just like it.

This cute little doggie stamp, arrived at my door just recently, as a part of my prize package from DRS Designs. I couldn't for the life of me, suppress the urge of ordering it. Surely you know what I mean!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Baja Breeze), brown, cream; paper: Echo Park Paper (Life Is Good); stamps: DRS Designs, Flourishes; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa); Copics; Nestabilities Circles/Labels Two/Shapeabilities Fancy Tags Three; border punch: EK Success; felt: MFT; sewing machine; buttons; suede trim

I wanted to give the (fresh out of the oven) SSSC150 sketch a try, as soon as I saw it. And I did :)



Another cool, new sketch on the block is CPS251 and after altering it true to Chupa style (lol), here's what I came up with...
(sketch graphic below my card)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Soft Suede), cream; paper: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found 2 - Rosy); stamps: Some Odd Girl (Grow), MFT; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Potter's Clay), Distress Ink (Tea Dye); Copics; MFT Notebook Edge Die-Namics; die-cut embellishments/rhinestone/glazed brad: My Mind's Eye (Kraft Funday); sewing machine; butterfly cut out of DCWV Mariposa paper; staples

This gorgeous ODDie is my first "physical" stamp from Some Odd Girl, a Nouveau Girl stamp called Grow. I paper pieced her dress and added some shading with the marker. I'm entering this card into SOG's Bling It Up challenge as well.



I'm signing off for the day, but I'll have a La La Land card for you tomorrow, and perhaps something else if time allows. Have a great day! xo
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love your cards, both of them and so like how you used the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards. I haven't been to your site for a while now, sorry, life just got complicated. But, I missed seeing what you have been up to. Love the doggie card. Sooooooo...cute. Yes, your second card is Chupa style, too. Love them both. Have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Chupa! Love them both.
    Susan xxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww,these are both so Adorably Fabulous Miss Iwona! Love your Sweet paper pieced pup and how you did the Sweet Sunday sketch! and what Gorgeous coloring on yoru Adorable image for the CPS sketch too! Just love the way you put all the elements together! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Great job on both of your cards! You are a coloring goddess! I love your dp's on both cards :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card as always, Chupa! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, she looks so lovely! Thanks for joining us at the SOG challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012