Tuesday, 14 February 2012

The Craft's Meow sponsored challenges

Hi, sweets! I'm working my butt off, trying to finish ahead my DT assignments for the next week... why, we're moving this weekend!! I couldn't be more excited, but as the decision came quite unexpectedly, you can imagine I'm also in a state of panic, trying to tie all ends :)

To make things even more nutty, I found out yesterday that I'm joining the Spellbinders 2012 Design Team!! Thank you so much for all your good wishes and words of encouragement!! I'm sooo ready for this :)

I wanted to pop in quickly with two projects I made for The Craft's Meow sponsored challenges. There are yummy prizes up for grabs!

The first challenge is at Casual Fridays (CFC39), and it's about paper piecing. It finishes soon, so make haste if you'd like a chance at scooping up some TCM goodness :)



I made this simple card with Happy Owlentine's Day and All You Need Is Love stamp sets.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Blushing Bride), Canson (red); stamps: The Craft's Meow (Happy Owlentine's Day, All You Need Is Love); ink: Memento (Angel Pink, Lady Bug), Versafine (Onyx Black), Versa Color (Cinnamon); ribbon: SU!; rhinestones: My Mind's Eye

I also took the sketch from Card Patterns and the colour inspiration from The Scrapbook Boutique below:



The next challenge has only started recently and you've still got a couple of days to play along. It's The Ribbon Carousel challenge #40 (RCC40, find the sketch below the card), and the offering for a lucky player is a stamp set of their choice.
For my card, I inked up Lovely Labels 18 and Sent With Love, both by Nina Brackett.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (cream, pink), SU! (Baja Breeze); paper: October Afternoon; stamps: The Craft's Meow (Sent With Love, Lovely Labels 18); ink: Memento (Angel Pink, Rich Cocoa), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); ribbon: May Arts; Nestabilities Labels18/Shapeabilities Holly Motifs; buttons; Sprinkles: AnnaBelle Stamps; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Victoria)

Below is the sketch, along with the yummy colours of cQc#124, that I also incorporated on my card:



I've got to run now, but I will be back with more TCM designs soon enough. Starting on Thursday, the Design Team will be revealing the fabulous new release - won't you join us?
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations Chupa on making the DT for Spellbinders ... I just had to check back in to find out, and I couldn't be more happier! Well done and soo very well deserved!
    Love your gorgeous cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the DT! That's so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are just gorgeous and well done on making the design team:) Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cute owl & the inscription ..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about the SB DT Iwona...big congrats! And best wishes for your move - hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chupa I'm SO pleased for you regarding Spellbinders, I've been following your posts about it and cannot think of anybody more deserving of your news. Well done!!! Your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Chupa, love the second one! The first one is cute, but the second one is yummy, I love the embossing and the die cuts you used. Good luck with your move. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again on making the Spellbinders Team! Kudos to you! Hope to meet you in March!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are fabulous and wonderful take on the sketch/colors!!!! Wow....moving so quickly....you must be moving in high gear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my you poor thing...I am not good with pressure. A super big congrats on the Spellbinders DT!! That's like winning the lottery and you are a perfect fit!! Best of luck with the move, Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a fast and easy move!!
    LOVE the cards that you shared!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK and CONGRATS on your Spellbinder's DT position!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that super sweet CAS design with the owl! He looks so fun in gingham. Gorgeous work with the challenge colors this week, too. That ornate Nestie frame is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns and the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw, congrats on being on the Spellbinders team!! Such gorgeous card. Love that sweet owl and the colours of both cards are wonderful. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the simplicity of your first card Iwona! I can't help but smile when I see that photo of your little one poking out of your sidebar. LOL Hope you're doing well- we miss you on CP!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects! Especially love that sweet owl - the paper piecing is utter perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Just gorgeous! I love the bling in the buttons, that fabulous banner and all of the wonderful texture. :)
    Good luck with your move and thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are fantastic!! LOVE your sweet little pp owl! Good luck with the move and congrats on your new DT, they are super lucky to have you on board!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just adorable, Chupa! I always love your cards! Thanks so much for joining in at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sooooo in love with that stamp! Its beyond cute!

    Thanks for playing along with the Scrapbook Boutique monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on making the Spellbinders DT! I can't believe you find the time to make these gorgeous cards and move house at the same time! Thanks for squeezing in the colourQ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chupa I love all the texture on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely CAS card and perfect for the SCrapbook Boutique challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another gorgeous card!!! Also Congratulations on your DT! how exciting for you!
    thanks so much for joining in Scrabook Boutiques Inspiration challenge this month!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. ADORABLE! I love both cards--I esp. love that first one! What a great way to highlight that image! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. fabulous cards, love all the soft colours and the owl is a super cutie, perfect for the CAS layout!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook boutique! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012