Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary, Day 4

I was able to squeeze in a card, for today's challenge within PTI anniversary celebrations schedule. The challenge is to "pick one of the team members favorite color combinations from Nichole's blog to use as inspiration for your very own creation."

I chose Heather Nichols' beautiful combo below - not only it holds some of my favourite colours, but I felt pleasantly challenged by this soft palette, quite unusual for my style.


Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Rustic Cream), Basic Grey (kraft); stamps: Papertrey Ink (A Little Argyle, Love Lives Here (with die), Delightful Doilies); ink: Fresh Ink (Tuscan Olive), Versa Magic (Sea Breeze), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); lace trim; border punch: EK Success; buttons; button twine: May Arts; Nestabilities Scalloped Circles; sewing machine

I played around with my stamps a little more creatively today - I used the pattern from A Little Argyle to create a corset-like fill between the two scalloped strips of cardstock. Not sure why I thought that it would go nicely with the theme, but there you go :)
I also stamped one of the roofs of the house alternately across the banner, to make a diamond pattern.

The inspiration for my layout, comes from FMS21. Love this sketch.



I've got a couple more posts scheduled for later today - CASE Study, SOG last day of digi release, and Glitz Design post. I might also fit in another 'freelance' post if I find more time for craft time later on :)
I noticed that I dropped quite a few of my followers recently, not sure if it's due to the large number of posts... I heard that such stories happen and I hope it's not the case!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I love this card! this is exactly the type of card I'm terrible at making - I love how you have lots of layers and elements but everything goes together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Chupa! Your cards are always amazing! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the card and ALL of the stamped details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chupa, this is just beautiful! I love all the different stamped details, and it all came together just perfectly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Lots of pretty details that all come together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - and that is such a sweet little house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice take on the sketch Chupa! I love your "corset!" Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous take on the sketch ... love the corset look .... this is great!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card Chupa! Love the colors and the bit of lace trim peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine why you would lose followers. Your blog is amazing! What a talented girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chupa, your work is always so inspiring. I love the muted colours and that birdhouse. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous card. I love every last detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012