Saturday, 4 February 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #48

Hi again! Have you seen my Waltzingmouse sketch card yet? You can find it below this post.
I'm chiming in with a new sketch, and because it's a pretty busy weekend, I went for a simple design. It's a nice, graphic layout, I hope you'll like it :)



I made my sample with a bunch of Hero Arts stamps - four woodblock, one cling, and one clear, to be exact. LOL
It's good top make a good ole' all-stamped card, from time to time.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (River Rock), cream; stamps: Hero Arts (Dots & Flowers, Designer Woodgrain, Clouds, Elegant Brocade, Circle Doily, Truly Appreciated); ink: Fresh Ink (Provincial Gray), VersaFine (Onyx Black), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); Copics; Nestabilities Squares; button

Ok, so here's the fun part. I'm entering this card into CFC38, with the theme of a movie inspiration. And, as strange as it may seem, my card was inspired by Silence of the Lambs. A brilliant classic.



An orange moth, anyone?? That was instantly on my mind - the striking effect of placing a brightly coloured object, in the middle of a monochromatic picture. In this case, a critter - that I swapped for a flutterby, of course.



(On the side note, you must know that dark, difficult films are my 'specialty'. I watch barely anything else :) )
---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC48.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. WOW your card is absolutely AMAZING! I love it. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card by following @splitcoast Twitter mention and immediately favorited it! Love it. Great job! *smile*
    @scrapcollectr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Chupa - one of my favourite books/films. I love that genre too - the kind that sort of makes you feel a bit uncomfortable and leaves your head a bit messed up for a while!!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa, It is amazing how you have so many patterns going on here but they look like they belong there! Who says it can't be done! It's perfect! We have films in common - but no one will watch them with me!! If I had to do it all over again I'd be an FBI profiler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never make a card with that movie in mind...your interpretation is absolutely brilliant! Love the many yummy elements all in one! Your sketch is fantastic,too! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that movie scared the bejeepers out of me! Super awesome job with the interpretation and a gorgeous card :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby card, girlie! I love your inspiration (so glad you opted for the moth and not any other scary part of that film LOL!)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. favolous card, love every dimension in this card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Chupa. Love the colors and the your take on the challenges! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I just LOVE your card! The great images and the wonderful pop of orange against the grays, blacks, and krafts. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I just LOVE your card! The great images and the wonderful pop of orange against the grays, blacks, and krafts. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew the second I saw your card what movie you were going for! Great execution Chupa.
    Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card! Just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your sketch. Lovely card. I saw link at your challenge at Desert Diva - I adore her sentiments which I use a lot. Best regards from SLovenia, Katarina XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooohhhh love this movie! Great card. :)
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012