Monday, 13 February 2012

Verve sketches

I haven't posted for two days, during which some exciting things happened, that got me off track a little bit as well. Some of you might know that we've been on the search for a new house, and we have finally found one! Woo-Hoo!
This means that we will be moving this coming weekend, and the following two weeks or so are suspected to be a mess, lol. I will be only posting what's necessary, my internet connection should be very limited for some time. Nevertheless, I can't wait to move!!

That, and the much hoped for final answer from Spellbinders (that would happen tomorrow morning, I suspect, if I did get chosen), were messing with my head today and I just couldn't concentrate on anything. I guess nervousness is kicking in! However, I sat down to my desk tonight and I have absolutely no regrets that I'm burning the midnight oil again. I love the results :)

I was playing with the two first Verve sketches for February. Here's the card for the week 1:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Old Olive), American Crafts (brown); papers: Prima (North Country); stamps: Verve (Just For You), Inkadinkado (Bold Damasks); ink: Memento (Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves); Nestabilities Circles/Scalloped Circles; sewing machine; checked ribbon

Um, yeah... I made the sketch vertical *wink*
I'm also entering this card into the "Best Friend" challenge at Our Creative Corner.



...and here's one for the Week 2!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white; papers: Crate Paper (Paper Heart), Echo Park Paper (Happy Days), Studio Calico (Countryside); stamps: The Craft's Meow (Fly Free); ink: Memento (London Fog, Tuxedo Black), Versa Magic (Oasis Green); leaves: Flourish with a Bling; sewing machine; ribbon: May Arts; brads; glitter glue; butterfly die: PTI (Love Lives Here); flower: Wild Orchid Crafts; edge distresser

The right way this time, but with modifications:



See you later peeps, hopefully with good news :) Thank you SO much for visiting and the love that you're leaving on these pages!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house!! YIPEE!!! Best of luck with the Spellbinders thing!! You have been so busy and I have neglected to stop by for soooo long! I have been meaning to say congrats on the SOG team!! Your creations with them have always inspired me and the start of your cards using the newest fairies are TOTALLY AWESOME! You have been soooooo busy! WOW!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you are distracted! A HUGE congrats on the new house!!!! Totally exciting. Hoping the move goes smoothly. Fingers crossed re: the Spellbinders team too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Chupa. Such pretty colors and papers... layers after layers of beautiful things! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this, Chupa! Those colors are so brilliant and look amazing altogether with the pretty paper! Your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new house! Are you buying or renting? It will be Spellbinders loss if they don't pick you,although, I can't imagine more on your plate! You crazy (fabulous stamper) you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these cards Chupa ... both of them are stunning, and actually I think they both fit our challenge this week - thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    Congratulations on your new home ... nothing more exciting, inspiring and motivating than the move into something new, with that to look forward to, even the move itself can seem less daunting!
    Best of luck too with Spellbinders ... you are fabulous and I hope it has your name on it ... in CAPITAL LETTERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Good luck with the new house/move and also good luck for Spellbinders!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new home! What a team Spellbinders will have if they get you! Your creations and truly wonderful, and they should be so lucky!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards Chupa. I love all the layers, stamps and ribbons!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner and hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new home, Chupa! How exciting! Your cards are both beautiful, as always. Best of luck at Spellbinders. They will be so lucky to have your awesome talents. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012