Thursday, 2 February 2012

Vintage

Hi sweets, I'm popping in with two cards. My mojo is low at the moment, it might be due to the due date of the Spellbinders last round's submissions drawing dangerously near... I haven't had the chance to get my project done yet, I couldn't find enough time to do it in one sitting, without being interrupted by a certain someone, lol
I'm really looking forward to having her in the day care soon, it will give me some spare time each week to concentrate on the deadlines, and the opportunity to get some "me time".

Anyhoo, I was just playing with a couple of challenges. I did something different to my usual style, on the first card. It actually turned quite cute.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, Canson (purple), white; paper: Echo Park Paper (Country Drive); typewriter (Paper Layers)/Epoxy Words/flourish frame stamp: Glitz Design; hand stamp: October Afternoon; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum); scallop scissors; sewing machine; flowers; button twine

I used the sketch from FMS20 (yep, you guessed it... I turned it on the side ;) ), and the colours of PDCC117:



Next one, is more of a classic shabby kind, although I'm not sure whether I like it. I keep telling myself that I need to get more trinkets and embellies that would suit the vintage style, I can never find anything suitable in my stash.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (cream); papers: Pink Paislee; stamps: Glitz Design (heart, postage stamp, sentiment); ticket: My Mind's Eye; ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa, Lady Bug), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); chipboard heart: Collections; edge distresser; trinket pin: Maya Road; glitter glue: Ice Stickles; ribbon: May Arts; lace trim; flower; pearls: Kaisercraft; staples

This time I combines the SC370 sketch, with the inspiration from TSTR99. (TSTR gals - I know that I shouldn't post any other cards with my submission, but no worries, I'm not playing to win :) )



I'll see you a bit later, with my last GD post for La La Land Crafts. Thanks for peeking in! xx
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. That is one fabulous typewriter! The sketch looks great flipped! I always love visiting here and seeing your creations! I also love the new picture of your Chuplet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are gorgeous. I love all the different textures on the first one - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa your cards are always delightful regardless of the style you use :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa ... this is absolutely stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing this little lovelie with us in the Tea Room this week!

    Please make that that in order to be considered for the weekly honors and prizes, you must only include your submission for TSTR in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - to have an ounce of your creativity and talent! Beautiful as always! Thanks so much for joining us again in the Cafe - we love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you cut up the sentiment Chupa...that looks great with the typewriter. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards perfect and I really LOVE the 2nd one...It dosent need anything more :-)Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at the Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... I love how your combination of the blues and purples, just stunning and of course your sentiment and twine treatment are fab!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage typewriter. It looks amazing with that frame. Great card as always. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you flipped the sketch. Beautiful Card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, I have been sitting here just amazed with your cards. You are so talented and I like both cards but that shabby Valentine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That typewriter is fantastic! I love all the colors and elements you've brought together here. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such romantic creations, Chupa! You always inspired me! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cool cards!! I am loving them. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful projects Chupa! All the best for Spellbinders, your work is always stunning and so inspiring! I love visiting here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012