Thursday, 1 March 2012

CASE Study Challenge #80

We're beginning a new month at CASE Study, with a brand new Muse, who's sure to knock your socks off with fabulous artwork. I'm incredibly honoured to welcome Laura Bassen to our Pantheon!!
Laura has an unmistakable, clean style, and a great sense of design. She always leaves me with a question: why didn't I think of THAT before?? I'm hoping to learn a lot from her during this month.
The iconic card of hers, that we serve you for this week's inspiration, is as follows:



Laura rocks die cutting big time, and I really wanted to design something similar, but I didn't find any fitting dies in my stash. Instead, I came up with this:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Enchanted Evening, Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet), white; paper: DCWV; stamps/apple die: PTI (Fruit Fusion: Apple); ink: Memento (Paris Dusk, Sweet Plum); MFT Dizzy Doily Die-Namics; sewing machine

I also took inspiration from ric#6:



Please visit my sweet and talented DT at their blogs, and check out what they created with this week's inspiration!

Laura Bassen (March Muse)
Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey (on a break)
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Then hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and InLinkz tool to link up your creation!
Thanks for visiting :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on Laura's card! That polka dotted apple is super cute, and I love the rich combo of blues and purples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation, Chupa! Perfect for the runway challenge, too! Thanks so much for such sweet comments about my cards! So fun to be your "muse":)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!! I love the layers of dies! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you layered the circle die cuts on top of each other...it looks cool! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012