Monday, 19 March 2012

Simple elegance

There's been quite a few posts lately (crazily busy time, with two releases in full swing and much more!), so please scroll down if don't want to miss a thing! Thank you :)

Call me crazy. I'm leaving for the Spellbinders retreat tomorrow, and have heaps to do still, before I'm taken to the airport. I'm in a high state of panic, I'm not even packed yet, lol!
Yet, last night, after (finally) clearing out all my DT assignments for the time off, I decided to make a couple of leisurely cards, and wind off from a stressful day. Also because I sooo didn't want to miss some fantastic challenges. And before I get into the full swing of preparations, I would like to share them.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Kraft, Sweet Blush), white, turquoise scrap; paper: Echo Park Paper; stamps: Glitz Design (frame), The Craft's Meow (sentiment); ink: Versa Magic (Sand Beige), Memento (Rose Red); MFT Large Rolled Rose Die-Namics; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; Kaisercraft rose trim; grosgrain ribbon; gems: AnnaBelle Stamps Sprinkles; sewing machine; felt: craft supply

This one was made for the Rosettes Color Trends Challenge, with these most gorgeous colours below... I'm not big on rosettes, but I decided to pull out my neglected Die-Namics die. I find it hard to roll that rose from cardstock, but it's easy enough with felt. By the way, the colour of the felt is a bit off here, it's not red in real life, only a bit more peachy shade of pink.
I paired the challenge with the VLVMar2012 Week 1 sketch.



And one more...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Soft Suede); paper/label: Prima; stamp: Waltzingmouse Stamps (sentiment); ink: Versa Magic (Pink Grapefruit); transparency: Glitz Design; roses: Prima; grosgrain ribbon: PTI; gems: AnnaBelle Stamps Sprinkles; corner rounder: EK Success

Another delightful inspiration behind this card - Tuesday Trigger: Simple Elegance. Happy sigh...
Paired with Retro Sketches #3.



Wish me luck with everything! You may not hear from me 'personally' for a while, although I'm tempted to give a couple more a go tonight, depending on the progress :)
All in all, I won't keep you bored - I've got eight posts scheduled for the next week. As I said - it's an unusually busy time! Cheers,
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. First have a fantastic time! I am looking forward to hearing about your trip! So glad your talent has been rewarded! Your cards are beatiful as always! I love the rolled roses and your color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are absolutely gorgeous! You are so amazing at so many different styles.
    Thanks for playing along with us again this week at RetroSketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, Chupa! Enjoy the retreat! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I've missed seeing your work! I need to come by here much more often!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeousness - I have to be careful when I come here- my brain gets overloaded! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are just beautiful! I'm so glad you liked the Embellish colors! I hope you had a wonderful trip! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for sharing your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012