Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #51

I failed miserably with the new sketch again... my apologies to whoever was hoping to have a go at it on the weekend! As you might know, I've been having some problems getting the visa to US, which caused me a lot of stress and some extra work that I had to attend to immediately. For now, all I can do is wait and hope that I will, in the end, be able to attend the Spellbinders Retreat.
We're also now preparing our old house for renting, and still making some minor arrangements regarding the new one, so yes... life's been busy!

Since this post is long overdue, I'm again leaving it open until next Saturday, the 17th.
It's a square layout this time. I know I don't always feel like square, so feel free to 'flatten' it in any direction ;)



I did some more 'photo-touring' today, with this card, I even pulled out some props! I must admit that I'm VERY happy with this photo. Let's hope the setting proves to be kind to me later on :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Basic Gray); papers: Teresa Collins (Fabrications), Prima; stamps: Flourishes (Clematis and Butterflies, Hollyhocks, Spring Bouquets, Ferns & Fiddles); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Potter's Clay), Fresh Ink (Tuscan Olive);edge distresser; brads; buttons; grosgrain ribbon: SU!; seam binding; baker's twine

I'm playing with FTTC159, with the gorgeous inspiration photo below. I used four different Flourishes stamp sets, on my card. This doesn't happen often! (Note to self: do more collage stamping)

Link
---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC51.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. So stunning Iwona! Love the stamped designs and distressing! Beautifully done as always. So glad you played along with us at the FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the layering you've done here of the various nature-themed stamps. Reminds me of a John Derian plate. And such a sophisticated treatment of the color scheme. Gorgeous creation, thank you for creating and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sketch and FABULOUS card! LOVE all of that layered stamping you did and how you fastened the mint green bow with the red baker's twine and coral button which adds some contrast but, also brings out the red in the patterned paper you used...looks wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this sketch for my BBB21 project!

    Here's the link:
    http://paperbagprincesspapercrafting.blogspot.ca/2012/04/bbb21-beauty-of-friendship.html

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012