Thursday, 12 April 2012

CASE Study Challenge #86

It's another week with our April Muse, Laurie Schmidlin, at CASE Study! I chose more vintage-y goodness for us to be inspired with:



I don't know about you, but I'm especially tickled by the striped paper, peeking from behind the layers. I love doing it myself, but today I chose to use that same exact paper (from My Mind's Eye's Lost & Found 2 "Blush" paper pad, as the rest of the papers), in a slightly different way. I used similar elements on my card, though, plus that beautiful, rich colour combo of craft & hot pink. Swoon...

Photobucket

All of the stamps that I inked up, come from Waltzingmouse. I used Cameo Creations and Cameo To Go, with a wee bit of French Country.
I also incorporated a bunch of
Spellbinders™ die templates: the peacock feathers were cut with S4-363 Jewel Fantasies; the flower done with S5-086 Bitty Blossoms, and the oval cut with S4-112 Classic Ovals SM and S4-356 Floral Ovals.

The sketch comes from Card Patterns #160:



The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well, click on any of the links to be taken to their blogs:

Laurie Schmidlin (April Muse)
Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey (on a break)
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams (on a break)
Teresa Kline

Then hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find the challenge details and an link list to share your creation!
See you later,
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning and I adore that cameo stamp.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iwona this may be my favourite card of yours eva :-))) I just adore the shabby vintage style so you can see why this one gets a big "yahoo" from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the inspiration beautifully. Love the colors! SO ELEGANT!!! I could look at this one for hours - real eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon, indeed! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite cards this week. The rich colors, patterns and imagery are in perfect harmony. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO gorgeous and rich Chupa! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012