Monday, 9 April 2012

Hollyhocks

Just a quick post, folks!
This week's Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes blog (FTTC163, finishes very soon, hence the rush), asks for a birthday card, and I thought it would be a fine reason to finally ink up the Hollyhocks set. It's hands down one of the most gorgeous sets ever released by Flourishes, and it's only because of the large size of the image, that this baby waited for so long to see ink...

Photobucket

I coloured the image with Copics: Y21/Y26/Y28 for the yellow flowers; YR01/YR24/YR27 for the rusty orange ones; and R20/R43/R46 for pinks. The leaves were coloured with YG99/YG97/YG95/YG93/YG91, and the sky with B00 with a hint of BG70.
I distressed the white cardstock with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, and added the sentiment in S4-110 Classic Ovals LG/S4-111 Classic Scalloped Ovals LG.
I also used the Fleur De Lis shape from S5-081 Damask Motifs and some pearls, to create my "hinges".

The sketch that I also used, SC379...



I hope you enjoyed the post :) See you later! Mwah,
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Chupa, I just had to come and tell you how much I love this card! Those flowers are gorgeous and the sponged edges are awesome.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOOD GOSH!! Chupa, you are Amazing!!! I have fallen head over heels in love with your card!! I love your coloring skills, papers and all around just everything :) ...Ok, how would I duplicate it.. ;)

    Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it just in the nic of time. Your Hollyhocks are colored to perfection. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cad, love the vintage feel to it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Chupa!! Can I ask where you learnt to colour with copics, I love the colour they give but just cant get the hang of them. I live in the country, so if you knew of anything online, that would be FAB!!!! Thanks for the inspiration, I look in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous. Love those hollyhocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, this is GORGEOUS! I haven't used the image yet either because of it's size. You made it look marvelous. I love the damask pieces on the left like hinges.
    Beautiful card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! Love all the colors of the holly hocks - a real stand out with the black accents and border! You've got me wishing I was in my garden! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012