Saturday, 14 April 2012

Poppies

Ok, it's time to share that card I made two days ago, as promised...

Photobucket

As soon as I saw the colour inspiration for JAI113, I knew it's time to pull out my beloved "Gathering" paper pad from Authentique... I also used the MOJO236 sketch.



I wanted to make a flower that would resemble a poppy, like the ones on the paper, so I pulled out Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® S4-312 Blossom Three, die cut three small flowers and two bigger ones, scrunched them up and inked with black ink.
I also cut a branch from S5-066 Shadow Flowers, which looks somewhat like a stem of a poppy.

Photobucket

The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Grace Taylor (Grant Archival). I don't use dollar stamps any more these days, but I saved this one because it's absolutely delightful!
Thanks for visiting, have a fabby rest of the weekend!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Chupa! I love your interpretation of the sketch, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and I love the way you have created that fantastic poppy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Poppy Chuppa, I love it and the paper that inspired it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my WOW...do I love those colors you chose. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these papers and you made them sing!!! Fabulous poppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers are divine, and just perfect for the Just Add Ink challenge this week. I really love how you've used black ink on the poppy, and around the paper panels, Iwona. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Iwona! Love the intensity of the poppy colour, the black really makes it pop!
    Big hugs
    Lisa and Elaine at Destination Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers Miss Iwona! This is just Gorgeous! 8-) Love the Wonderful dp's and your Fab color combo and Beautiful Blossom too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Poppie - it's fantastic. Great ribbon too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll tell ya what's absolutely delightful. THIS CARD! Love your ability to make your nesties work for ANYTHING!! Gorgeous. Gorgeous.
    Love it! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous choice of papers Chupa! I love how you've created your own poppy - truly stunning! It's so good to see you playing at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Chupa this is one stunning card and just adore that paper! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning! Amazing! I love your card! The poppy is incredible and I love how you've used the black ink on the edges. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012