Sunday, 8 April 2012

Some challenge cards

Easter Sunday is behind us Australians, but to all my friends from Northern Hemisphere, I hope it's nothing short of fabulous!
We had such a fine family day, it was quite cool outside but the egg hunt was excellent and the food was delicious! I made a traditional Polish white borsch soup and an apple cake... mmm!

I thought I'd leisurely play a couple of challenges this evening, and I ducked in the craft room to come up with these two...

Photobucket

For the first card, I inked up some WPlus9 stamps. I coloured the butterfly with Copics (BV20/BV23/BV25 and BG11/BG15 with a touch of C5 for the body). The S4-354 Splendid Circles was die cut with Core'dinations Glitter Silk cardstock, and embellished with some rhinestones.
I used the FTL185 sketch, along with the colours of Embellish Jeweled Color Trends Challenge.



For my next card, also in my favourites shades of teal, I utilized the left over die cut from S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags & Accents, and combined it with S5-081 Damask Motifs and a rolled flower from S5-085 Bitty Blossoms.
The smaller flower is Prima's, the rhinestones are from Glitz Design and Kaisercraft, the paper from My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist), and the stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps (Fancy Phrases & Vintage Labels 10).

Photobucket

This time I used the lovely sketch from Cardabilities, and the colour story of PDCC126:



Tomorrow I'll have a new post for you, since the first day of Some Odd Girl digi release is nearly upon us! I might jump in with another challenge card, depending on the mood :)
See you then, thanks for stopping by! xxx
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love them both....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both very lovely! Beautiful!

    Blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful! Love the butterfly on the first card, and the distressing on the second one. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fabulous! LOOOOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I like the colours and distressing.
    Thanks for playing along at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are Devine. Love them! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Play DateCafe, please come again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh!! Iwona
    too delicious...where do you find the time girlfriend to come up with such amazing and wonderful ideas! You're just TOO good!!
    Hugs from Lisa and Elaine @ Destination Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards! Teal is one of my fave colors too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iwona, Happy Easter! I hope your little lady had fun coloring eggs! Your cards are beautiful! I love your butterfly colors on the first one and the disressing on the second. Being Polish also I will have to find out about your borch soup! We had a traditional ham - you will be proud of me - I made pierogies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, it's simply beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL CARDS!! =) LOVE all of the little touches!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012