Thursday, 17 May 2012

CASE Study Challenge #91

A new challenge at CASE Study has begun, and with it comes a new piece of inspiration from Aga!
I can't resist anything botanical, especially when it has a modern twist like on this card. The greens, too, bought me in an instant - and the rustic accents. Isn't this card gorgeous??



I could have played with embossing as well, but I needed to whip up this card quickly so I opted for a convenient option - patterned paper. It's no ordinary one, though, but Teresa Collins Fabrications with the most gorgeous texture and thickness. Yum-o!



I think the inspiration is pretty apparent. I kept the greens (with pleasure!), I even divided them into warm olives and cool jewel tones like Aga did. I used the same butterflies (Hero Arts Antique Engravings), grey ink for the sentiment,
and lace.
My card somehow landed in the "blinged up" category, as I firstly decided to glitter the stamped circle pattern (The Craft's Meow Inspired by Audrey), and then to add the pearl.
The sentiment is also from Hero Arts.

The layout that I used, was inspired by CPS165. I'm also going to be a naughty girl and make it another submission for the Damask & Brocade Challenge in the Moxie Fab World :)



The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well, click on any of the links to be taken to their blogs:

Agnieszka Malyszek (May Muse)
Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Then hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your creation!
There's another post coming in a couple of hours (day 1 of The Craft's Meow May stamp release!!), so stay tuned!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love green and butterflies. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the greens and the butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greens can be so hard for me to mix, but you've done it so beautifully! I love the touch of elegance you brought to the design with the gorgeous damask and glittered borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!
    I love your card!!

    a prepared a card for CPS 256

    I´d like you visit me here:
    http://carolinamaraboli.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-craft-in-yellow.html

    thanks from Chile
    c@

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bright and lovely!! The combination of the olive and jewel tones looks fabulous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012