Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Nostalgic

Second post alert!
I've been feeling a strong surge of creativity today, as if it broke free after a few weeks of lethargy. It didn't happen for a while, that I sat down to just play and enjoy the "me" time.
I hope it's going to stay (and improve!), I don't especially enjoy being drained off mojo :/
Anyhow, I decided to play with a couple of Moxie Fab World challenges, which I also paired with two great sketches.

First up, the Gingham Challenge. Love gingham. In fact, just about any classic pattern, including houndstooth, argyle, good old stripes. They're timeless, and damn smart.



I paired a strip of gingham paper from October Afternoon, with some Teresa Collins collage paper, carefully cut around that particular bit that happened to be just the right size for the card. I added the butterfly and sentiment from WPlus9 (Flora & Fauna 1, Heartfelt Mix; butterfly coloured with Copics a+ Colorless Blender), some lace, string, buttons and a couple of Melissa Frances die-cut tickets.

I used the sketch from Cardabilities, but after I cut the papers, I had to push the middle elements towards the bottom, to make space for the beautiful upper layer.



The next card, which I'm having trouble photographing well for some reason, was designed for the uber-gorgeous Tuesday Trigger: Vintage Vogue. The sketch this time comes from FTL189, and again I tweaked it a little.



The stamps used are Hero Arts Etched Flowers, stamped repeatedly to create the background, and Rescue Remedies Additions/Vintage Labels 25 from Waltzingmouse. The latter fits the Labels Twenty Five Nestabilities®. I stamped everything with Distress Inks.
The embellies are Prima's flower and wooden button, Kaisercraft's resin flower and crocheted doily, and some pearls.



Here are the challenges:



Thanks so much for visiting, and even more for leaving comments :) See you tomorrow!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. your vintage cards are wonderful! Love the first one in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. I love the images and the flowers and the buttons. Great layout and I love the vintage look. The papers are so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful! I am so in love with that first one, sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and takes on the sketches and Tuesday Trigger! Love the crochet flower and pattern paper on the second card. Love the splash of blue from your gorgeous butterfly and the soft gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, love the papers.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card are both just gorgeous Chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoeee, such stunning work - very happy that your creativity has surged - for you and us lucky people that get to ogle your crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two more beauties Iwona! I love the nostalgic look of the first - that butterfly really pops off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very fabby cards there Iwona - really like the papers and pretty butterfly on the first one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah these are beauties - I love #1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey again, Chupa! Thanks also for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right-damn smart style! Love each one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such classy style! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012