Sunday, 10 June 2012

CAS-ify me: Houndstooth love

Hi inklings, just a quick post on the run... we're heading to the fam in a few minutes. After a very pleasant sleep-in, I had enough the time to slip into my craft space for a little inky indulgence.

I had the idea in my head for quite some time now, for the Runway Inspired Challenge #13, and it helped me put this card together in no time.


Let's face it, Laura Bassen or Cristina Kowalczyk I am not, but I do like this card. Except perhaps, from the photo - I hope you can see that the focal point has the actual card attached to it! lol



The stamps are from Waltzingmouse (Heirloom Patterns), and Jane's Doodles (sentiment only).

Here's the inspiration:



See you later, enjoy what's left of your weekend! xxx
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Chupa I am certainly NOT either! Your card is awesome!!! I love it! You can sure make some phenomenal CAS cards for someone who rarely does. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! You captured the perfect idea for this challenge. So cool the way you raised the houndstooth squares on the pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your pattern is so enlarged...just like in the picture! and brilliant design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is a perfect take from the inspiration! I've tried two designs for it and can't get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed that inspiration photo to a T! Love the primary colors, the houndstooth, and just that bit of red peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cad is just too much fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your FUN card!! Even in the photo!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa, I love your color blocking! I, of course, am also in the Laura/Cristina fan club. You did them proud for sure with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink background looks great with those squares, nice sentiment font.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012