Thursday, 14 June 2012

CASE Study Challenge #95

We're chiming in with a new CASE Study challenge, and with more inspiration from the incredible Joy Taylor, our Muse for June.
This is the card that we're working with this time:



I just love it, everything about it! I chose to follow the layout, with a focal point that draws an eye in, and a big sentiment. I even placed my rhinestones in the same spots that Joy placed her pearls in :)



I paper pieced the sunflower from Penny Black (Sundial)
, with some My Mind's Eye polka dot paper, and filled in the middle parts of the petals with a dark yellow Copic marker. I added a Giant Rhinestone from Glitz Design, in the middle of the bloom.
The polka dot strip (from PTI) was stamped in Memento Cantaloupe and I added a zig-zag stitch to the immediate left. The sentiment is also from Penny Black (Happiness), and I stamped it in Memento London Fog. The rhinestones are from Kaisercraft.

The flower has three layers, each of them I cut out, leaving less petals on:



I'm playing with the CFC56 challenge, Sweet Spot. I also used the colours of CR84FN56. I have great trouble photographing dark greys, but the time I increase contrast they turn into black... The card base is made from SU Basic Gray!



The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well, click on any of the links to be taken to their blogs:

Joy Taylor (June Muse)
Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Then hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your creation!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. That fussy cut sunflower is a beauty and I love the yellow - just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get over that gorgeous black rhinestone, so perfect for that flower! The sunflower and your card overall is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the layered blossom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! You've included some amazing detail in this project!! Great approach to both challenges!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one fantastic layered flower--my favorite part is the big blingy center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful case of a beautiful card!! Your flower is gorgeous...simply beautiful card, Chupa:)!! Thanks for adding your lovely creativity to the gallery this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I love that giant gem in that lovely layered sunflower.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, the layered sunflower and gems are just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa, your cards are always breathtaking and this one is no exception! That beautiful sunflower seems almost real.
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowie Miss Iwona! I am SOO loving your Wonderful layered Sunflower!! 8-) So Pretty and Cheery! Sunflowers are one of my all time favorites and they always make me smile! And your's is no exception! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your big sunflower! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012