Saturday, 30 June 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #66

Hello, hello again! It's been a fun day, and it couldn't end sweeter than with a move night (check!) and a little crafty time afterwards (commencing soon!). I made my sketch card this morning, before heading off to see the relies, and now I'm happy to share!

This sketch was inspired by a piece of stationery, that I found on Pinterest a little while ago. It's a beautiful notebook that you can find HERE at the original source. I find myself drawn more and more to clean, graphic designs.



What I loved about it is the symmetrical design with the horizontal divider in the middle. I immediately saw an intricate floral stamp in action :) I wanted to give my card the same folksy yet clean look.



The floral stamp is Flamboyant from Penny Black, I gave it its first inking today! I embossed it with Cayenne EP from Sparkle & Sprinkle on PTI Spring Moss cardstock.
The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow set called Sew Happy, and I stamped it in Memento Love Letter on peach cardstock. I think an unexpected pop of additional colour adds pizzazz, as well as the fact that the cardstock is textured; yet I would look at the card at times and wish I used only white for the sentiment strip. What do you think?

This card goes into the Stamp It! Cards Birthday Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC66.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the colours and the flourish is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love that hot red color against the olive green, and I also like the orange strip. White would have worked great, too, but I think it would look more formal, and not have the punch that it does now. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love your inspiration source too. Funny thing is, I made a card with a very similar LO last week :) Great minds- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout and card! I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, interesting colour combo, too daring for me! Lol! You can't beat a lovely flourishy floral stamp either. TFS. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! going to check out this Penny Black stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my newest favorite sketch!!! It jumped out at me on Feline Playful and I absolutely love it and your take on it!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for the chance to link up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and so CAS. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012