Saturday, 9 June 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 101

We're into the 100th Waltzingmouse sketch this week, how wonderful! I hope to be still here, sharing my 200th sketch with you... are you with me?? Here's to another fun year of sketches, and we're starting with this little number!



OK, I love this gorgeous sketch. I couldn't quite find the perfect stamps, a shame 'cause I was looking forward to creating a stamped collage from the focal point.
Instead, I settled down for this flower (created with Grand Peony Creations, Prima flower and some white ink), and I "embellished" it with the stamps from Flourishes - Scallops and Dots set and some turquoise pearls.



I created the background pattern by stamping the houndstooth from Heirloom Patterns in Memento Bahama Blue, and finished the card by adding the sentiment from Roses In Bloom.

Here are the colours that I incorporated into my card. I couldn't wait to play with this ColourQ challenge, you know how much I love saturated colours :)



Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog, to see more from the Mischief Makers and play along!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower!! So glad you could join us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Chupa! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - the flower is magnificent and I love how you zigzagged just the centre panel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Chupa....that flower is incredible! I love the swirls, too! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I especially love the flourish and pearls along with that gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL CARD!! I LOVE everything about it!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOO pretty! Love that flower! Great take on the challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the bright blue stamped houndstooth background and the gorgeous red rose! The blue swirls and bling really tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012