Monday, 2 July 2012

BBB24 - The Beauty of Winged Things

Hello and welcome to a new Bring Back Beautiful challenge!
The theme for this month is The Beauty of Winged Things! Birds, butterflies, even lady bugs -- let your creativity flow on this challenge aimed at honoring those creatures with wings
on your card or creation!



Link up your Bringing Back Beautiful Challenge creation here Flourishes Blog to enter! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword BBB24. You have until July 31st to enter.
As we unveil our challenge for next month, we’ll share our True Beauties – those card makers who wowed us with this challenge! Winners will be featured on the Flourishes Blog and will receive a True Beauty blog button to display proudly on their blog.

Also, a big welcome to Geri who won last month's Flourishes challenge and joins us
this month on the BBB Challenge team!

I inked up the beautiful hummingbird from Humming Along stamp set. It was one of my first sets from Flourishes and is still one of my favourites.



My colouring is all over the place, I mixed and matched some seemingly unrelated colours... something I do a lot :)
I used R46/R35/R22 for the red belly, which I blended into the golden tones of the rest of the body (YR 24/YR12/YR01 with a hint of Y15). On the wings and tail I used my favourites shades of olive green (YG97/YG95/YG93/YG91).
For the papers, I reached for Crate Paper. I cut out the label with Standard Circles SM and Lacey Circles Nestabilities®.

The lovely Deconstructed Sketch, DS58, served as my layout inspiration:



Make sure you'll visit the rest of the Team's blogs, to see what beauties they are sharing today!

Betty Wright
Claudia Rosa (skipping this month)
Linda Duke (skipping this month)
Kathy Jones
Naomi Gong

Thanks for stopping by, have fun with our challenge! :)
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Iwona your card is fabulous!!! Love the use of the sketch and your colours and colouring are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hummingbird is just gorgeous!!!! WOW! Love the big bold patterned paper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Love all the red and pink - Beautiful is right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Iwona, love the colours and patterend paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and the hummingbird is so beautifully colored, Iwona! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hummingbird!! Love the colors and the DP is perfect!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and happy, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bright card! Love the gorgeous hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012