Thursday, 26 July 2012

CASE Study Challenge #101

I must allow myself the joy of saying today "Hip, hip, hooray! Here's to the next 100 challenges at CASE Study!" Our first 100 is behind us... it's been two years and I feel a bit nostalgic :)
Little I knew, coming up with the innocent idea one day, that it will survive (and flourish!) for this long.
Because, quite fortunately, many of you also enjoy CASE-ing our idols as much as I do, the adventure continues and soon we'll be knee-deep in our 2nd Anniversary celebrations.

Before it happens, there's one more fabulous week with Kristii Lockart and with it comes the last chance for a guilt-free CASE of her artwork. Like this one, for example...



Every now and then I feel like a collage card and I chose the beauty above to aid it... isn't that pop of colour against kraft the loveliest thing ever??
I knew that I'll most probably want to pile up stuff on my card, so I decided on a subtler background instead, and stamped the doilies (October Afternoon Thrift Shop) without embossing, with Old Paper Distress Ink.
The embellishments are a mix of October Afternoon (journal card, die cut with PTI tag die and a glazed "Tin Pin") and Glitz Design (pretty much all the rest). I added some PTI ribbon and baker's twine to the lot.



I let a couple of challenges help me with this card. The (totally rocking) layout comes from rs#21, and the colours from CR84FN59. It happens so that I added some black to the mix... although not all of what you see is black - the sentiment is in fact dark brown. I failed to capture that successfully :/



The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Kristii Lockart (July Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Also, please visit the CASE Study blog, where you'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your creation! Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous take on Kristii's beauty! LOVE those stamped doilies, and your cluster of elements is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of these cards. Really liked the layout/layering on the second card, Iwona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great twine detail on your ribbon. I love the background and the way you placed all of your details on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards lovely. I really like how you used the journal card with the tag die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH LOVE!!! The case and your version...FABULOUS!!! Love that bird you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your case is equally as beautiful as each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pretty tag and doily background. Super card. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card with the fabulous layering and beautiful bird.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012