Thursday, 5 July 2012

CASE Study Challenge #98

We're welcoming a new month and with it a new Muse, at CASE Study this week!!!
Kristii Lockart will be providing us with fabulous inspiration in July. I "met" Kristii when we served together on the Glitz Design DT, and I fell in love with her out-of-the-box approach to design and immense talent. I'm so happy to have her with us!

For the first week's inspiration, I couldn't help but choose the card that took her so high in the last year's Gallery Idol competition. It's clever to the boot and just oh so lovely :)



I'm not sure whether I was feeling especially artsy today, or was it entirely thanks to this gorgeous creation, that I decided to dabble in mixed media. Yes, you heard it right! It's an entirely new thing on my blog, but I've got much more in plans for the future, so I created a new "mixed media" label for an easy reference.
I took the inspiration from the colours and the whole meadow look, that just tugs on my heartstrings :)



I picked a set of three 5 x 7 in flat
canvas in a dollar store, one of them served for my base. First thing I did, was dabbing some light blue acrylic paint onto it, with sponge. I left some parts white, to imitate the clouds.
The I stamped polka dots onto it (from Glitz Design Distressing set), inking the stamp a bit randomly, to get a more uneven look. I stamped the meadow in green, using various foliage stamps I had, and a vintage pattern over it with black ink. I chose something that's not busy, and again left some parts un-inked for purpose. Lastly I spattered some rose ink over the canvas (October Afternoon Sprinkler in Hopscotch).
Once I had my background done, I fussy cut some wild flowers from patterned paper (Boutique 12 x 12" pad from GCD Studios) & adhered them over the "meadow" with Fabri-Tac glue.
I also cut out the bird and wording from two different Glitz Design Whatnots, and outlined the words with black gel pen after adhering.

I hope you like it. I do :)
This is actually a second mixed media canvas I've made. The first one will have to wait still a bit more until I can show it to you, because I used some new Spellbinders dies with it.

The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well! Click on the links to be taken to their blogs. Today we're also saying hello again, to our good ole' Teamie Andrea Ewen!! Welcome back sweetie, we missed you!

Kristii Lockart (July Muse)
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Also, please visit the CASE Study blog, where you'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your creation! Thanks for stopping by today,

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Chupa...it's great to be back! I adore your mixed media card...what an expression of creativity! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so pretty. I luv this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Gorgeous colors and mix of images/stamps! Mixed media is on my list to learn...dabble too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It sounds like you had fun doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas, Chupa! Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012