Tuesday, 17 July 2012

The Craft's Meow July Release - Day 1

Hey hey!! How about throwing in some excitement... today start the sneak peeks of the July Release at The Craft's Meow, and we're all eager to show you the fabulous new sets!! I hope you'll join us each day, for an inspiration from the Design Team and a chance to win the new stamps.

The Craft's Meow

Before I get to my card for today, please help us welcome our Guest Designer, Naomi Gong! This talented girl will take part in our June release festivities.

Today we're introducing two sets called Ladies & Gents (by Elizabeta Kushner) and Hope Blooms (by Karen Baker).

I inked up the umbrella and the lovely sentiment from Ladies & Gents, for my first card. I cut out the umbrella and popped it up on foam tape, after I coloured it in with my Copics. The background was stamped in Versa Magic Wheat, with one of the the blooms that come in the Hope Blooms set.
The strip of paper is from Echo Park (A Walk In The Park), and I tied bow with a SU! grosgrain ribbon.



On my next card, I created the scene with the other flowers from Hope Blooms, and adding some leaves to them. I paper pieced the petals with DP from American Crafts.
The picket fence comes from another TCM set called Nature's Beauty, and I white embossed it over the flowers. Lastly I added some die cut grass (Die-Namics).
The sentiment from Hope Blooms was stamped in Palette Fresh Snow ink.
The strip of DP is from October Afternoon (Sidewalks), and the twine is My Mind's Eye.



Lastly, I made this quick sympathy card, again with Hope Blooms, and I put the sentiment in the frame from Inspired by Audrey set.
I painted the flowers with Tattered Angels Glitter Paint in Times Square, which gave them a semi-transparent sparkly cover.



You can win one of today's new sets (Hope Blooms or Ladies & Gents), by leaving a comment on the TCM blog today!! You have until 9:00 pm PDT to do so! Also, please take the time to see all of the designers' blogs.
See you tomorrow, for the peek into two more fantastic new sets!

16 comments:

  1. Great cards. TFS. Love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Chupa! Especially love how you paper pieced the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! love the popped flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the color combo and coloring on the first, and the fussy cutting on the second is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Chupa! LOVE the layout and color combo on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. Great color combinations and techniques on each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chupa, you always just amaze me with your talents ... what delightful card creations! That paper pieced polka dot flower just slays me! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards! love the paper pieced flowers very pretty and your umbrella color is beautiful.

    luanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at...umbrella. Great job highlighting all the detail in that beauty with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards...I love the colors in the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I saw these earlier today but what a delight to see them again. Stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! The blooms are beautiful, and that umbrella is stunning!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! I love the pieced flowers on the second one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012