Sunday, 8 July 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #67

Here it is, a new Saturday sketch! ...on Sunday morning rather than yesterday, with two recent posts I wanted to space things out more evenly. I'm sorry, I hope you didn't have to wait!
It's another CAS layout, I've been on a CAS kick lately and I'm enjoying it. As always, feel free to build it up, add layers and whatever rocks your socks!



Thank you for your opinions about my photography under yesterday's post! I've been taking all of my photos in the bright room but the one that never sees a direct sun. There's plenty of light there but there are days like yesterday, when I get a bluish haze. I'm a fan of daylight photos and I'll keep trying places until I find the right solution :)
I ventured to the kitchen today, to take the picture below. It's flooded by sunlight and again it affected the photo in a different way. Leaving it so for now...



Photography issues aside, can you see I actually made a one-layer card?? Moreover, I like it. Goodness knows I love when it happens :)
I used the stamps from WPlus9 (Flora & Fauna & Defining Words), and the sentiment from PTI (Year Of Flowers: Morning Glories). I stamped the text in Old Paper Distress Ink, added the small butterflies in Memento Espresso Truffle (gawd, I love my new shades of Memento!), and the big butterfly was stamped in Lilac Posies, cut out and shaded with a Copic marker.

I'm linking this card into the Stamp It! Cards Thank You Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, and CFC60 - Text Me.



---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC67.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------



36 comments:

  1. I really love this! I like the monochrome (ish!) with the splash of colour in the butterfly. Very simple yet effective ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that sentiment with your bold center butterfly. Together they really make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Chupa, love the text background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I luv the sentiment too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation! Love the CAS appeal -- wonderful sketch~

    ReplyDelete
  6. as always a beautiful card! thanks for another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing Chupa, seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeek!! You did a one-layer and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My-oh-my, I LOVE this card! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love text used as a bkgd and it's so perfectly at home behind those butterflies...gorgeous card :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO gorgeous! Adore the composition and simplicity of it! Love the text background, too! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing sketch and amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chupa - this is ah-MAZ-ing! I love everything about it, and the sentiment is just so lovely. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Chupa! I'm always amazed at how effortlessly you switch between layered and CAS styles. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning as usual :) I'm sure you hear it all the time but you really are crazy talented! Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to you on being the VIP over CAS-ual Fridays! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is just beautiful! Congrats one your VIP !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being named VP! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the CAS-ual Fridays VIP!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Chuppa!!! Congrats on your CAS-ual Fridays VIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your VIP win at CASual Fridays! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your win! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card!! Congrats for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i must have been very busy not to comment on this amazingly stunning creation! double congrats Chupa, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card! And congrats on your win at MFW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012