Sunday, 22 July 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #69

Wow... where did the weekend go?? We had the most beautiful weather and sadly we didn't get to use it much... we were either recovering from cold (meaning Chuplet and myself) or suffering from its first symptoms (namely hubby). Not the coolest way to spend the last two days, if you ask me. Oh, well. We hope to redeem ourselves soon enough - I can feel Spring coming already!!

I guess it should work as an apology as well, for a sketch delivered late. After a busy Release Week for TCM, I wanted to take a day or two off as well. All in all, I hope it was worth waiting for ;)



I think it's a cute and versatile sketch, and I can see especially the center part being interpreted in many awesome ways. If I had one of these cool sunburst stamps, like the ones PTI or WPlus9 released recently, I'd certainly give them a go as well.



I couldn't resist this tiny, gorgeous stamp from Inkadinkado, called Reach for the Sky, and I built this card around it. I'm certainly not an odd ball with my love for butterfly stamps so you know what I mean - you can never have too many! I especially like the realistic look and this one ticks all the boxes. Plus, can you just look at this stunning sentiment... sigh.
Anyway, I started with the PTI Plum Pudding CS, that I embossed with the Flora M-Bossabilities™ folder and carefully sponged the raised parts with light purple ink for the contrast. You can see the effect better here:



Then I stamped the sentiment in black (from the Inkadinkado set) and the foliage from Verve's New Mercies set, in Memento Pistachio on Rustic White CS, and covered the middle with a strip of Candied Violets paper from World Win Papers. I zig-zag sew along the edges, matted the piece with the same colour of paper and wrapped some baker's twine around it.

The butterfly was shaded with Copics and fixed to the center with a little mulberry rose in the middle of it.

I used the colours/theme from Embellish Dry Embossing Color Trends Challenge:



---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC69.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------



7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! That's a wonderful butterfly and I love the greens behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite card, Love the very regal purple and the butterfly with the flower is so pretty. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I totally love your card!! It is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing is amazing! I love the color choices and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally inspired! I'd frame this! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Chupa! Thanks for a fun sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012