Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Teal poppies

Good evening, lovelies :)
I've been a busy bee today, putting finishing touches on the CASE Study 2nd Anniversary next month. In my true fashion, I'm still to tackle tomorrow's challenge though (more time on my hands didn't necessarily change my nasty procrastinating habits...), but I wanted so much to finally make a card which I had in mind for a few days. Especially that the challenge I wanted it for, is ending soon.

I missed a good deal of challenges at A Blog Named Hero, but the current one has been calling my name. It's called "Inspired by Hero Arts Artists" and means just as much. I often get inspired by the lovely HA Hostesses, but I remember how much I loved this card by Shari Carroll. The terrific layout especially, with tall florals piled up in the middle of the card.
The embossing technique is so lovely too, but because I had limited time on my hands, I took a shortcut and simply paper pieced the flowers stamped with black ink.



I inked up the Delicate Blossoms stamp set; they haven't seen much love from me, despite the fact that I love them to bits. The sentiment is also from HA (Right At Home).

I combined in one more challenge, ric#16 with the inspiration below. I was convinced that this one's too much for me, until I gave up on duplicating the patterns and just chose the gorgeous, summery colours.



I'll see you tomorrow, with a CASE Study post! I hope you enjoyed this one :)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and great paper for your paper piecing. I love the addition of the red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I love the paper-piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, of course you combined challenges, its the Chupa way and I wouldn't have it any different. Fantastic card, though I am a bit upset about it because I want that DT spot prize by RIC like nobodies business!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet comments. Yes, you are correct regarding the paper. Cyber Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Chupa, this is STUNNING! I love the colours, and the paper piecing is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite!! What a beauty!

    I hope your summer is going great and that you are happy and well!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!!! I LOVE the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blossoms are just stunning in teal...I love it! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012