Saturday, 28 July 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 108

I'm late with my Waltzingmouse sketch sample this week... oh noes!! I think that's the first time it happened, I had a good excuse tho. We spent the last two days battling with a fridge that decided to die, and searching for a new one. Honestly, getting a decent model was much harder than any of us was prepared for, and it's only because some idiot installed the overhead cabinetry in our house, three centimeters below the standard size of most fridges. Very clever. Grrr! There, I said it...
I'm happy to share that we've come out of this battle as winners and I'm enjoying twice as spacious fridge now... bliss! I only keep saying "don't you dare breaking now", lol.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff. Let's get on to the sketch!



I decided to change the layout to square, I made my last square card in what seems like ages ago. I had a total blast tonight, working with my new Waltzingmouse stamps, that finally arrived last week.
I pulled out the My Island set. Even though tropical themes are not my strong side (call me a freak, but I prefer snowstorm to heatwave), I'm drawn to the grungy edge of these stamps and the magnificent sentiments. Oh, how I love these!!



The scene was stamped with Memento Cantaloupe and Peanut Brittle (sky), Toffee Crunch (ground) and Espresso Truffle (trees). I also stamped the bigger palms on the patterned paper (MME Lost & Found 2 - Sunshine).
The tag is a Die-Namics die (Tag You're It); I embellished it with a couple of MME chipboard buttons, and added some Cosmo Cricket washi tape and burlap behind it.

Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog, to see more from the Mischief Makers and play along! See you a bit later for a new Sketchbook Saturday sketch,

6 comments:

  1. Śliczna - przepiękna kolorystyka, cudowne papiery i stempelki ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the warm tones and your distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For being a winter gal, you sure imitated summer so well on this card! It's got a real grungy look that makes me think of waves of heat and gritty sand under my feet (hey, that just rhymed). Anywho, gorgeous colors and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card and use of the sketch!!! Love the palms stamped in patterned paper and of course the main tag image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iwona - this card is so darn clever!!!! From the stamped palm trees on the MME PP (who woulda thunk it?), the rips of Washi tape, down to threads of buplap peeking out - love this card and all the details - I could stare for hours! I can't believe you "threw" this together - you're AMAZING Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Iwona! Love your tag with the buttons and the twine! The background is also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012