Thursday, 9 August 2012

CASE Study 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop - Week 2

Welcome, friends!! Did you know that we're celebrating 2nd Anniversary at CASE Study??
I hope you joined in last week, if not - you still have a chance to be inspired by our Muses and DT members, for today launches the second week and another Grand Blog Hop!!



If you arrived here from Jean's blog, fantastic! If you would like to join us, please start at the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the perks and the master list of participants :)

Previously we celebrated our Signature Style, and this time we're challenging ourselves to "Think Out of the Box".
I do love my comfort zone & creating away with my favourite supplies ever. It wasn't until earlier this year, that I also found out how truly satisfying challenging myself is. I said that before and I'll say it again, the creative breakdown that I experienced a few months ago led me to some ground breaking decisions and in turn, opened myself up to the whole world of possibilities. I couldn't be more grateful for that :)
Instead of working tediously on my endless assignments, I was finally able to take the time to explore myself and my creativity. Hence I {heart} this week's challenge... :)
I hope all of this week's participants had just as much fun with it, as I did!! *giggles* I know it's sometimes hard to break the schemes...

I'm sharing two projects with you today. The first one has been waiting to be blogged for a good couple of weeks... I've been waiting for the new Spellbinders dies to be released, and there's no better time than this to show it!
It's a mixed media canvas, featuring my cute little bug... she's turning three next month!!!
It's not the first canvas you see on my blog (I posted another one a little while ago, check it out HERE), but it's my first ever attempt at creating this sort of thing.



I started by misting through the Basic Lattice die, with the Tattered Angels Marigold Glimmer Mist. Then I used Glimmer Glaze in Saffron, to stencil through the gorgeous flowers from Jewel Flowers and Flourishes. I picked another flower die from the same set, and cut a few from brick red cardstock. Once distressed with sanding paper, I adhered them around the cut out silhouette of Zuzia.
The background was spiced up further with splashes of Chalkboard Glimmer Mist in Jade, and some folksy hearts painted on with Memento Potter's Clay reinker and Glam Glitter Paint (Old Pages), then outlined with blue pen and decorated with tiny rhinestones.
I also included the sentiment from Waltzingmouse Half Pint Heroines, stamped on a tag die cut with Fancy Frame Tags One.
Lastly, I added some branches, from the gorgeous Cherry Blossoms die set.

Whew! How do you think I did with my first attempt at artsy? :)

The other project is a card, on which I used watercolours. I've been seeing watercoloured cards popping up in places, but I was scared to try it myself. Finally, after being inspired by the gorgeous card by Sanketi, a Guestie for this week's CAS-ual Friday's challenge (AND a winner of the CASE Study Blog Hop challenge!!), I decided to take the plunge. As it happens, my card also happens to fit their theme for this week :)





I made a small note card, from the watercolour cardstock (Mix'd Media Stax by CGD Studios, licensed by Donna Salazar). The stamps used are all over the place... (that IS so much like me). The branch stamp is from Stampendous (Silhouette Sprig), it's an oldie that I purchased though eBay ages ago, but I love it with all of my Chupish heart...
The birdie comes from WPlus9 (Love Birds), and the sentiment from Glitz Design Vintage Blue stamp set. All of them were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.
Me likey!

Now, if you're still with me... (lol), you're ready to make your way to another stop in the hop, which is Sarah Martina's blog!
If you hop along with us and leave a comment on each blog, you are in the running for the great prizes we're offering this week! Also, we hope that you'll join us for the challenge and share your "Out of the Box" creations!! All details you can find on the CASE Study blog.
Happy hopping!!

66 comments:

  1. Chupa- Congrats on Case Study turning 2!!! what gorgeous creations, I especially love the card- thats my kinda thing :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both of these projects are stunning! You pulled off artsy perfectly :) I'm so glad that watercolours are finding themselves on trend as far as cards go as that was what got me into card making in the first place! I used to paint dozens of Christmas cards :)

    You can tell that you enjoyed this challenge, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the cards....that Once upon a time there was a girl, is the start of a movie both my daughter and I love... Sabrina, the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, of course I love lots of your creations, you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I am blown away by this canvas creation. I love the whole multi-media concept and you have certainly made it work here. The card draws in my eye and my heart. Beautiful work. Thanks for this ever-inspiring blog. Congrats on 2 years. May your success continue for many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects. Love them both. I love the watercolour background on your card. Makes the silhouette images pop. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along @CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That canvas is fantastic! The picture is cut perfectly, and I love the misting and the branches and flowers, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Likey isn't the word, girlie! Lovey, lovey, LOVEY!!!
    Your canvas is amazing! So much attention to detail - you're quite the artist! The artist also shines through with your watercolour technique - stunning!
    Thanks for letting me be a part of this wonderful creative journey with ya! Here's to many more CASE Studies to come! :D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both stunning, creative cards. Your watercolor card turned out gorgeous !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE everything! You do all styles in such an amazing way! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You promised you would try this and it turned out great! Thanks for not making us wait too long to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally charming and gorgeous Chupa! The Canvas is amazing and your watercolor creating is wonderful, inspiring too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chupa, you have now inspired me to take a step forward on a canvas. I'm so scared I will ruin it! Guess I need to take the plunge and let my creative juices flow...love the watercolours.card, which is another item on my wishlist technique. I really to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow girl! This is gorgeous!!!!! You are thinking way outside the box! This would make me a bit nervous to try! :) Congrats for the 2 years! And thank you for having me here. :) *hugs* fearless leader!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous projects. LOVE your mixed median canvas. congrats on 2 years and your sweet pea's upcoming third birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling project! Loving all the mixed median elements!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that you popped by CAS-ual Fridays Chupa!! You totally rocked this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow...I'm in love with your canvas. What a great idea and the colors are so wonderful!! Great job and you've inspired me to dig out my paints :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, 2 4 1 way to go. i love how the first one has the sun shinning on his head. way neat. it looks like he's right in the card. and i love the artsy effect of the second card too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your first attempt at artsy: you did a beautiful job!! and I love your watercolor behind the bird and sprig silhouette in black: beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awe! What a sweetie! Happy 3rd bithday, kiddo! I really like your card with the watercolor background...I can see how you were inspired. : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable little one you have. you are so talented that anything you do is so artsy...love the canvas. Very sweet card too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful work Chupa!..am glad I inspired you..thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous job with the watercolors! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soooo pretty! Love your watercoloring!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW ... both creations are awesome and your little one is ADORABLE! Great job on both! Thanks for the fun and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the anniversary!

    I particularly love the watercolor card with the silhouettes. The canvas is also gorgeous and something I wouldn't be brave enough to do! I love the layers of masking. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful canvas and gorgeous card - you just seem to create magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow oh wow! This is wonderful, Iwona! Love the mix media canvas! I always wanted to try my hands on mix media but always chicken out...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You've definitely got the whole "artsy" thing down pat! Two really beautiful projects today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautifully done! Love your inspired card as you made it your very own! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  32. GORGEOUS, Chupa! Absolutely love the watercolor effect- just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. These projects are beautiful! Love the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is truly a work of Art...gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both the projects.. although the watercolors are stunning.. your little one steals the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wowsers! I love them both! That bird card is darling!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow love both of them that canvas is to cute you are a true artist and your card is amazing. Great job Iwona lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I loove mixed media and this is really cool and a wonderful idea.Both canvases are great and very inspiring.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful canvas, and I love that watercoloured CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous work. I was really inspired by that watercolor card too...may have to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. love that canvas xxx what a great keepsake xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Iwona, both of your projects are fabulous. Love the canvas piece of your daughter, very creative, something I have been wanting to try as well. Your watercolour card is also pretty (another technique on my list of things to try). Thanks so much for all of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous and gorgeous. Your daughter is beautiful! I love the art you created.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Both projects are awesome Chupa. The canvas looks so pretty. Love the collage background and that photo! The card is lovely with the watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both of these projects are gorgeous, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Simply beautiful for both cards. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love your artsy canvas and that sure is one cute little bug! Thanks for the fun challenge idea - I have stepped out of my box and posted an entry on the challenge site.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful work Chupa! the colors are Fabulous. I reallly like the flower over the little girl's shoulder:)

    ReplyDelete
  49. You are great! ROCK! I'm speechless and I love your projects so much especially the first canvas project. So much surprises and you really think out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow!!! Awesome projects! Love these colors and your style! You are so talented!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. The watercolor inspiration has inspired me too! Check it out if you'd like!

    http://craftzonkey.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/project-runway/

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  52. Artsy, watercoloring, you can do it all and so beautifully. I really admire your work and I appreciate that you've discovered newfound inspiration in searching out new means to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  53. congrats on CASE study turning 2 and I love your gorgeous canvas, cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  54. First off, thank you so much Chuppa for allowing this place to part of the papercrafting world. As a blogger I know all the work that goes into creating post and adding/editing pictures to share with everyone. To know that you share this blog and the case study blog with so many really blows my mind. Where do you find the time and effort? Lol. Maybe I need to rub elbows with you because you do so much and I am finding that I don't have enough time to complete all I need to do. Must have something to do with passion or time management or a little of both. Whatever the case, you have provided those who love your sites with an amazing performance each and every day. Always be so dedicated and generous. Your willingness to inspire is simple amazing. I would say that your work here and at CASE study is one big stage performance and the all those who perform each week are providing us with an outstanding show and your truly the star of the show. You shine in all you do and it makes eveyone around you want to stand in applause. Thanks for sharing this creation today in all of it's water colour glory and stepping out in faith to visit the unknown can be more fun than we ever imagined. Thanks again sweetie. Wishing many blessings as you continue to change the world around you. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Always love bird cards and your canvas is lovely....love the twigs going off the side.
    Barbara Bird
    MdStrwbery@aol.com
    Mdstrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow, both projects are fantastic...I'm inspired by your canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  57. WOWZERS!!! I love your canvas! I also love your watercolored background for your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Fantastic canvas and gorgeous card! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congrats on CASE study anniversary... Beautiful work, I love the canvas project...Your daughter is sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow: very clever on the canvas: such attention to detail. I LOVE the watercolor card: looks beautiful: great idea layering different stamps: they look like they were made for eachother! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  61. The canvas is very beautiful! And the card too! Love the combination of green and black!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Truly a piece of art - just stunning. I am talking about the card. Your daughter is adorable and always a work of art too!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Ohhh wow! You are amazing. Both projects are wonderful!!!! Gorgeous wall art and the card - simply stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012