Thursday, 2 August 2012

CASE Study 2nd Anniversary!!

Good day to you, inkers! It's certainly a very special one for me, as my "baby", CASE Study is celebrating two years of existence this month!!

We have a full month of fun in store, including a two-week Anniversary Blog Hop, prizes, special challenges and sumthin' else that I can't wait to share... but all in its time!
The Blog Hop commences in first part today, and features our Muses, past and current DT girls, sharing creations in their "Signature Style". That's right! Be prepared for pure awesomeness created by some of the best crafters out there, especially for this event!

Although my name is not on this week's list (yup, there's a continuation next Thursday!), I couldn't let this big event pass without a share.
Sooo... Signature Style is something that's a bit hard for me to define at the moment. It evolved quite rapidly in the recent months. I guess I can call myself fortunate, since these changes were the direct response to the craft-related stress and work overload that I've been experiencing earlier this year. I knew I had to do something about it ASAP or I'll lose the joy of creating, possibly for good. I seriously downsized my commitments and concentrated more on the "real" life, and somehow (quite to my surprise) it not only worked but also refined my style. Tee hee!



I don't do distressing or layers quite as much these days, and I learned to appreciate the understated design. While the queen of CAS I'm not, my cards tend to be less cluttered these days, like the one above.
I included some of the stuff I really *love* on this card, like my favourite PTI Aqua Mist cardstock, yummy DP from My Mind's Eye and stamps from WPlus9 and PTI.
What I do love doing a lot, is creating a pop of colour that draws your eye in, and that's the trick here as well!

Or how about this card - something that I call a stepped-up CAS; it also pictures my love for mixing stamps. The typewrites is from the Vintage set from Hero Arts, the "just my" part of the sentiment is taken from October Afternoon's clear stamps, and the hearts I took from The Craft's Meow set.
I added some gorgeous & fun Thickers that I've been hoarding forever, and some Washi tape. The latter has been really growing on me.


By the way, this card is made with a couple of challenges in mind. The layout is from FTL201 and I derived the theme/colour inspiration from Tuesday Trigger: Type Hype.



I encourage you to join us for the Blog Hop, as well as for the "Signature Style" challenge at the CASE Study blog this week. I would love for us to share the joy of blogging and creating with many of you, my dearest friends :)
Thanks so much for taking a peek!

19 comments:

  1. I love how your style is evolving! Gorgeous cards! So happy to join you as you celebrate your "baby's" birthday;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Chupa and thank you for letting me be a part of this wonderful journey that CASE Study is letting us travel! Here's to many more years of studying!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Whatever style you conquer with your cards, it's in a true 'Chupa style' that I truly admire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bird did catch my eye. A delightful card. I love your style:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm thinking these are both Chupa style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, you have a wonderful way with paper and all it's "relations". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Chupa! I am loving your new style, definitely still "YOU" but definitely different. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning and very colorful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your style!!! Awesome cards, both of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2nd Anniversary Chupa. Here is to many more to come! I just love CASE Study! Lovely cards... no matter what you make, it's always fabulous... love the colors, especially on the first one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are amzing cards but I really like how you combined the trigger challenge with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing that changes in the rest of life impact how we create! I have admired your style for a long time and see that it does continue to evolve-beautifully! This card is an excellent example of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the new style! Gorgeous colours :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week (LOL, wink, wink...heart you!}

    ReplyDelete
  14. More fabulous cards Chupa! I just love your signature style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a wonderful way with color! Lovely cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your take on the TT - the details are super - just a touch of color & love the way you positioned your main panel & used the paper clip

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous cards. Your style is fab. I'll check out the CASE study too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012