Thursday, 16 August 2012

CASE Study Challenge #104

Did you enjoy the Anniversary Blog Hops at CASE Study, in the past two weeks? I hope you found the time to join us at least once, everyone put so much heart and effort into making them fabulous and there was some serious inspiration around :)

I especially loved reading the comments on how eye-opening and encouraging was to see some of our "idols" trying something new and challenging themselves to step out of their comfort zones.
We tend to think that those shining stars in our industry, the crafters that always wow us with their impeccable creations, must have mastered just about every technique/type of project out there. The fact is that we all have our limitations, regardless of skill, and it's fun to learn new things once we get the courage. I hope that perhaps we helped many of you open up to the new possibilities :)

The festivities at CASE Study are not over yet, as we continue providing you with fun, and a little different challenges until the end of the month. This week we're inviting you to play along and CASE one of the members of our Design Team - past or present. I'm blessed with some of the most creative gals out there and I'm sure everyone will be able to find something to strikes their fancy!

As a fun and exciting addition, we've got a little surprise for you this week - we're beginning a search for our first month-long Guest Designer! If you'd like to join us for the month of October, pop in the CASE Study blog and you'll find all the details there :)

Last year I went ahead and CASE'd almost all of the Teamies... I'm hugely inspired with all of these girls' work and it's so damn hard to choose just one of them and one project. However, as I'm taking it easy these days and try not to get too carried away, I limited myself to just this - one card :)
I decided on one of the girls who wasn't with us yet, for the first year's Anniversary - Christina MacLaren.



I remember seeing this card for the first time and being smitten with it. Christina designed it for the CASE Study challenge as well! I love the layout, clever stitching and the subtle scoring, I'm also a big fan of that butterfly stamp. I settled down for the saturated, jewel colours instead and modified the elements slightly, here's the effect...



As you can see, I used the same butterfly from WPlus9 (Flora & Fauna set), which I coloured with Copics. Instead of scoring, I embossed the background panel with In Stitches folder from Craft Concepts, and popped it up on foam tape (I chose the negative side to feature). The dies I used include Half & Half from PTI and Dizzy Doily Die-Namics. The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow Telegram set.

I don't normally do it these days, but two of the recent challenges happen to have very similar colours to be inspired with, so I went with the flow and created this card with both cQc#150 and Tuesday Trigger: Autumn Awaits in mind:



The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

Also, please come play with us at the CASE Study blog, show us your inspired creations! You'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your project right there. Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

  1. Your colours are beautiful Chupa, what an excellent CASE. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it - fabulous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how honored I was to see you'd chosen a card of mine to CASE, Chupa! And the result is absolutely stunning. The jewel tones just sing together, and I love the way the sentiment banner extends beyond the edges of the Half & Half border to draw your eye. Thanks so much for your sweet words and amazing CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of this weeks colors and I love this layout. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012