Thursday, 30 August 2012

CASE Study Challenge #106

Hi, gang! It's time for the closing ceremonies within the CASE Study 2nd Anniversary celebration, and this time around we are asking you to CASE yourselves. Yep! It's a perfect opportunity to take a look at your older creations, and revisit this one project that you think you'd do differently/better this time...

I thought it would be fun to go back to the first months of blogging, and tackle one of those old, embarrassing cards :)
My choice fell on this one, originally posted on my old bloggie HERE, in November 2009. It's been three years, folks...



What I liked about it? The greens, a strongly defined focal point and a doodle pattern that added an interesting movement. Here's my 2012 version:



I wanted to retain that fun look of patterned paper, with two 'layers' of swirls. I stamped the bottom one with PTI Fancy Flourishes stamp, in Old Paper Distress Ink. Then I stamped the dogwoods from WPlus9 Flora & Fauna set on top; in Memento Espresso Truffle.
The blooms were then coloured with Copics.
The redbird (also from Flora & Fauna), was coloured in as well, cut out and popped up on foam tape. The sentiment is from another WPlus9 set, Filigreed Frames.

This card was also prepared with the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in mind. Here's how I see the movement on it: first up the eye lands on the focal point - the redbird, whose crest (and then the swirls) lead us up towards the blooms in the upper left corner. The flowers cascade down towards the sentiment, which leads the eye back to the bird, with its horizontal placement. How's that, make sense? :)

The Design Team prepared some beautiful samples today as well! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline

We'd love you to play along with us at CASE Study too, so go ahead and share with us your inspired creations! Don't forget, that we also have a Guest Designer search on :)
You'll find the challenge details and a link list to share your project right there. Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

  1. Chupa, your 'embarassing' card is still way better than things I was creating when I started my blog!!

    I do love the new version - that red cardinal is beautiful with all the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the new version is AMAZING :O The coloring... the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, girl, you're too hard on yourself. The cards are both great. The first one is cute and whimsical. The second is just a bit more elegant, but they both work. You should see some of the ones I made starting out. I keep them around just to remind myself of how far I have come in my design efforts. TFS & TFI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that new look of the card...green green green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you followed the elements that you liked, your card is beautiful! The red bird is such a contrast, but really belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these!!! Green and red...perfect! Your starting out is my evolving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to rock Flora & Fauna I, Chupa! Yummy! And I adore that flourish you added in amongst the dogwoods. Ever so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great case of yourself! The colours are very striking and it looks very Australian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. original version looks good to me but am loving the flowers in 2012 version.
    I have tried to e-mail you but can't get through-I have added a card to this challenge and wanted to add GD after my name but forgot!! Could you do this for me.
    My blog is http://sandiesandie16.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thank you
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and I loved you description of the movement in your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012